hmmmmm is this weak? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dynoed my stock 2003 touring 350z on a mustang dyno.
was kinda disapointed mabey im just expecting to much from my Z but this is the results. (will post up sheet when i get a scanner later today.

used with a weather machine
1st run
184ft-lb 190 hp
2ed run
189ft-lb 194 hp

I know dynos are not the best way to guess hp but
I wana do a before and after mods to see the difference I made??? to me this sounds to low I was hoping fot at least 215hp and 205 torque any one have any input on this dyno or is this just correct and I'm just crazy? Also does my 18"rotas with Eagle F1 A/S have any thing to do with this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM

yeah. that seems pretty low. i dont know why. is there another dyno you could try.??
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
Yes that seems low to me. What were the conditions (heat/humidity etc)? I don't think the wheels have anything to do w/ this???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It was about 8:45 in the morning at 80*F. I asked the guy what the humidity was and he said he doesn't know but he was using a weather machine or something like that to kind trick the ECU on the weather conditions( something like that)??? never heard of this machine or if he was just full of it. Only thing I could think of is he wasn't using the fan with the hood popped. he did a 5th gear pull to see if there was any difference and my coolant temperature gauge was getting hot fast so he stoped with that run at about 5k.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Touring Member

That is Extremly low you should have been around 230whp from the start. Was the correction factor off on the computer? I think they have a way to adjust the way the HP is read. that or was you tires slipping on the dyno machines drums-rollers/ if it is a drum type.

DAN

STANCE-SPC-GTM-HKS-FAST INTENTIONS-K&N-HPS-UPREV
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Tire are new and were not slipping. I dono but i just raced my buddy in his 05 350z and I beat him 3 times in a row!!! good driver on my part... I dono but it suck that I spend 60$ on 2 dyno runs that are not even the right numbers
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via MSN to garym396 Send a message via Yahoo to garym396
Sounds like you need to take it to a different Dyno and see what happens.

2006 Touring with A/T - Altered Atmosphere Angled Plenum Spacer, UTEC w/proffesional tune, Short-ram intake, HiFlow Cats, ZEX 150hp shot with ALL the safety bells and whistles - On Bottle - 339whp / 372wtq. NA with UTEC tune - 248whp / 223wtq / Stock - 213whp.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Touring Member

^^^ right on look for a new place to take it to

DAN

STANCE-SPC-GTM-HKS-FAST INTENTIONS-K&N-HPS-UPREV
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jinxxycat Send a message via Yahoo to jinxxycat
QUOTE (garym396 @ Jul 23 2008, 05:41 PM)
Quote:
Sounds like you need to take it to a different Dyno and see what happens.
Yeah I second that. And you are saying that they did both runs in 5th gear? I'm no dyno expert but I know I just read a thread recently that suggested that the dyno be in 4th gear for MT's.... Maybe someone can chime in on that?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No he did a 2 4th gear pulls and then a 5th gear but I started to get really hot so he stoped at around 5.000rpm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement