Colorado Z owner in Savannah/Charleston - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Colorado Z owner in Savannah/Charleston

This spring, I'm vacationing in the SE and really enjoying the Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA areas. Beyond spectating at the Volvo Cars Pro Tennis tournament on Daniel Island, I've had a sharp eye out for late model Z cars in the area. Unfortunately, the sightings are somewhat rare over the past week. In Savannah, there were two Z33 sightings on the highways: one was a silver coupe with a flapping V2 nose that looked like it could come off at any second! The other was a Daytona Blue coupe that flashed past on another day.

Better luck in Charleston, as I came across a nice red/black Nismo 370Z near King street downtown. At the Volvo tourney, someone must rate, as their redline 350Z enthusiast coupe was parked just outside the tournament gate entrance. There was another silverstone Z33 on the I-26 highway the other day that disappeared just after we got off at the same exit. And while it's always great seeing my favorite Z models on the roadway, it's a bit disappointing there weren't any Z31, Z32, S130 or S30 models getting exercised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Back home in Colorado and happy to be back driving my own 350Z now. One question for all those So Carolina and Georgia Z pilots. Driving back to Atlanta, I noticed the highway speed limit is usually 70 MPH, but driving that almost had me being run over! Normal traffic on I-20 as usually 80-85 MPH. Is this normal? What's the speed tolerance for the highway patrol?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Performance Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Unhappy uggggg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
Back home in Colorado and happy to be back driving my own 350Z now. One question for all those So Carolina and Georgia Z pilots. Driving back to Atlanta, I noticed the highway speed limit is usually 70 MPH, but driving that almost had me being run over! Normal traffic on I-20 as usually 80-85 MPH. Is this normal? What's the speed tolerance for the highway patrol?
As I live in this area,the speeds you mentioned are the norm.
It will also change at different times of the day(rush hours).
The 1-285 perimeter is just as bad. There is some enforcement on the east
side in Dekalb county. Other than that,there is just too many too few
law enforcement and too many speeders. Plus the area has constant
work being done on the roads which makes people want to catch up.
Roads&transportation is a critical issue in Georgia.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the response. Here in Colorado (and in much of the west) posted highway speeds are 75 MPH and there's generally a 5 MPH "cushion", so setting your CC for 80 MPH won't get you a look, much less a ticket. But it seems running 10-15 MPH over in So Carolina or Georgia could result in a ticket at any point! As if to prove it, there were two squad cars working in tandem just outside Augusta. Two unlucky souls pulled over to the right, and traffic slowed right up. Still, the pack went back to 85 within a few miles...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)
Also wanted to mention I had the opportunity to drive the revised 2016 Infiniti QX50 on this trip. Driving impressions and strengths/weaknesses of that model are contained in my latest review here: 2016 Infiniti QX50 Review - Right Sized Refinement

Last edited by dkmura; 04-21-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement