User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Actually, all I was suggesting was wait for the design change in 10 or 11 and do it to the first year so you're driving a kick ass new Z as opposed to the "last body style"....but I'm shallow that way.
That is shallow...but building that motor will cost way more, if you can believe it, and problems are just now getting worked out building VQs like he's talking about...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
That is shallow...
yes, I know. But that build also suggests a 60k+ Z. I would also say "go for it" if money is no issue....but in thinking it through I can't say that because money is still money no matter how much one has access to and putting that kind of financial effort into a Z is a bad investment. The Z is not a place to put that kind of money.

again jmo

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I have a budget of 28K detailed out so far. Yes, I have budgeted for brakes , suspension, new wheels etc.

How did you decide to do APS TT over GReddy or JWT?
I realise I'm coming in on this a little late on this topic but thats about the money for a nice car! I have gone through about twice that in AUD$ and the result is very pleasant to drive. I am currently on about 465HP @ 5.5 PSI boost. This week the boost goes up to 15 and the very latest unichip goes in. Some more readings and the 3" cats go in for the final tune and comparisons at each stage. Doing it correctly is very enjoyable.

View the Project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Then I wouldn't ask Devilz shit. He did his car right, wrecked it and then did it wrong.
LOL funny you have to talk crap to me even though I try my best to help everyone that wants to go FI understand what they're getting into.

As for "doing it wrong" I don't know what you're talking about as I have not had any problems yet LOL.

Stop being a tool; I know him in person, you don't.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I have a budget of 28K detailed out so far. Yes, I have budgeted for brakes , suspension, new wheels etc.

How did you decide to do APS TT over GReddy or JWT?
Hey it was nice sitting down and talking over your plans for your car in detail. BTW that 335xi TT is beautiful . . . . you have a lot of awesome cars. I think we should also do something about your son's Mustang . . . . T67 Single Turbo kit FTW!!!

But definitely keep in touch and I'll let you know when we're having some of our local Z meets. One of my friends is also getting the APS TT (not Extreme) kit.

BTW, i just remembered that GTM will ship your car to their shop for a built motor/TT install for free.

Take care,

-Miluo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement