Nissans built in code reader - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Buy an OBD II scanner. Do not buy OBD I - it's antiquated and will not work with new cars.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys I'm having multiple problems with my 06 Z right now. Bought it used about 10k miles ago. Noticed an electrical problem awhile back and now I'm ticking in he morning and get a wierd whine when I get on it alittle (3000rpm and up). Im not talking gas'n it just pullin out quickly maybe puttin it to 3500k. Took it to nissan and they are pretending everything is fine and that they cant figure out my electrical problem (Im guessing because I have a warranty). So Id like to be able to go in with a list of codes in hand.. but It says doing this check could clear codes also so if I get the code and then take it to the dealer will it be cleared and they wont be able to get it???? Could it also give them a reason to screw with me on my warranty??? Thanks guys.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Touring Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfYouAintFirstYoureLast View Post
Hey guys I'm having multiple problems with my 06 Z right now. Bought it used about 10k miles ago. Noticed an electrical problem awhile back and now I'm ticking in he morning and get a wierd whine when I get on it alittle (3000rpm and up). Im not talking gas'n it just pullin out quickly maybe puttin it to 3500k. Took it to nissan and they are pretending everything is fine and that they cant figure out my electrical problem (Im guessing because I have a warranty). So Id like to be able to go in with a list of codes in hand.. but It says doing this check could clear codes also so if I get the code and then take it to the dealer will it be cleared and they wont be able to get it???? Could it also give them a reason to screw with me on my warranty??? Thanks guys.
Step 6 of the procedure is what clears the codes. After you read all the codes, simply turn off the ignition WITHOUT performing step 6. All the codes should be retained.

Karl
2005 Enthusiast 6MT

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A lot of auto parts places will scan your car and give you the codes for free - a lot easier than this method IMHO. Is your SES light on? What was/is your electrical problem?

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement