Join Date: Aug 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Okay I fixed my window... Sorry I didn't talk pictures for a walk through... But it wasn't hard at all.
Here is what I did.
Remove the Door Panel (See instructions for that).
Once you have the door panel off, leave the cables connected to the door panel and just move it so it's out of the way.
Now remove ALL of the black 10mm bolts from the silver door panel.
In the Z the window AND motor are all bolted to this panel.
Now remove the 2 upper 10mm bolts (Gold in color)
Also remove the 2 lower 12mm bolts (Gold in color)
Remove the 3 10mm bolts that hold the motor to this panel. (Note we aren't removing anything... just getting access to that pesky motor)
Slowly pull the silver panel away from the door. Note... It has the weight of the window on it. So do this slowly. Once pulled away there is one cable runing to the back of the door on the upper track. Unsnap it from it's plastic (white piece) so it's not in the way.
You will clearly see the motor as it faces UP. There are 3 phillips screws. Remove them and pull that housing with the stator (The part of the motor with the windings on it) out.
Now you will probably see the problem with your window motor. The brushes rub against the communicator (The brass/ copper part) and mine was caked with grease/dirt. I cleaned mine with WB40 to break up the grease (carefull not to remove the grease/lube from the end of the shaft). I then took sandpaper and sanding these contracts back to their orginal copper/brass color.
Once done: Replace everything and enjoy your power window again.
And the money you just saved.
Hopefully, I have time tomorrow to try this out since I'm having major problems with it. I plan on taking pics and posting them.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|