LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Harbor Freight tools are adequate.
I literally use a Harbor Freight "Roll-A-Tape" or measuring wheel every day. I deal with distances measuring in the inches. Although I bought a spray gun from them and it was Chinese crap.

"I'm Shiva the God of Death.", Michael Clayton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
I agree with Ronin's descriptions. I have some of all in my tool boxes. Stick with these brands. Avoid most no-name brands, but I've had good luck with Pep-Boys sockets, as Craftsman does not offer their 6 point 1/2" drive deep sockets anymore.....
For the price, some of Harbor Freight tools are adequate. i.e. their LOOOOOOONG extensions come in handy the few times needed.

Suggestion, get the largest tool box you can, as organized tools are MUCH easier to find....

Gearwrench makes great ratcheting box wrenches.
i like the black hawk ratcheting wrench set from the mac truck it is the same price as the gearwrench set but the black hawk has a finer tooth and less slop in the ratchet par it is a nicer wrench and has a lifetime warranty!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to sw150
Don't forget Tool Shop. Haha I got some for xmass and all the wratchets are broke with little use.

[/color]Vortech / Max Speed / JIC / Stillen / Volk / Greddy / Titek / Veilside / Shine Auto / Nismo / Rouge / ACT / Corbeau / Metal Matrix / Hotchkis / [color="#0000FF"]

AIM: sw150z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Grand Touring Member

well i use and abuse my black hawk wrenches all day long every day for the past 3 years and have not broke one!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Touring Member

Any recommendations on a specific Torque wrench? Up until now I've been winging it.
Is there a brand that you can use on the wheel lugs but also on smaller applications or do you have to buy two separate wrenches that are different sizes? I haven't seen this but was wondering whether this exists rather than buying several wrenches.
Let me elaborate. Is there a model that you can interchange parts so that the heads and handles can be swapped for the appropriate job? If not, what are the most common torque specifications to purchase for the Z?
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Grand Touring Member

buying tools is addictive! every time i set foot on a tool truck snap on or mac or matco i see shiny things and my brain gose in to a homer simpson state of mind ."um shiny must buy some thing!"it is almost like a drug and the bad part is it is a necessary evil. i need the tools to do my job but i hate spending money on them.then when i am done buying the tool i needed i think to my self cool now it is one more thing i do not have to barrow.on the other hand i think man i could have bout some thing for my car! this sucks!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Any recommendations on a specific Torque wrench? Up until now I've been winging it.
We were discussing this just the other day.....here:
https://www.350z-tech.com/forums/inde...howtopic=32302

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Enthusiast Member

+1 on Craftsman, my big chest in the garage is loaded with their stuff, and you can't beat their "don't ask" warranty when you break shit trying to make a improvised breaker bar out of a 3/8" ratchet and a 6 foot hunk of fence post I've also got a lot of oddball stuff from harbor freight, and haven't run across a problem yet. Went there a couple weeks back and spent about $100 bucks on 3 jaw pullers, bearing separators, and other stuff I don't use too often. For the money, their tools are about the best bang for the buck when you're not talking everyday, heavy duty use. Picked up a 3 ton garage jack and trans adaptor from them for about $120 when I was changing the cluth on my F250, and seems to work just as well as my Craftsman jack that cost 3X as much!!!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
+1 on Craftsman, my big chest in the garage is loaded with their stuff, and you can't beat their "don't ask" warranty when you break shit trying to make a improvised breaker bar out of a 3/8" ratchet and a 6 foot hunk of fence post I've also got a lot of oddball stuff from harbor freight, and haven't run across a problem yet. Went there a couple weeks back and spent about $100 bucks on 3 jaw pullers, bearing separators, and other stuff I don't use too often. For the money, their tools are about the best bang for the buck when you're not talking everyday, heavy duty use. Picked up a 3 ton garage jack and trans adaptor from them for about $120 when I was changing the cluth on my F250, and seems to work just as well as my Craftsman jack that cost 3X as much!!!
ew, a harbor freight floor jack with no jack stands is going a bit far for me ;) I doubt I'd be crawling under there....even with their jack stands....j/k

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Enthusiast Member

Oh no, that big bastard was up on jack stands... I may have gone to community college, but I'm not a total idiot! The jack and adaptor came in handy for pulling the trans off to get to the clutch. For some reason I figured it would be easier than just un-bolting it and letting it fall on my chest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement