User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 933 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
UPDATE:

Since this thread was originally started, Nissan North America has released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) regarding this issue. TSB NTB07-088 was issued on November 27th, 2007 to specifically address the abnormal oil consumption experienced on some 2005-2006 300HP RevUp engines.

In brief, the TSB lists specific guidelines, and amount of oil consumption required, for a complete engine replacement with a newly revised unit. More specific details are provided in this thread beginning here at post #505. There you will find information regarding the process and procedure for diagnosing, and remedying this issue.

350Z-Tech Moderating Team

Does anyone have an engine oil consumption problem on a 2006 Z besides me?

I have a 2006 Touring 6-speed model. I added full 5 quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic oil at around 3500 miles. When I changed my oil again yesterday at 7000 miles, I found that only 1.5 quarts of oil was drained out from the oil pan even with the oil filter removed. The consumption rate is like 1QUART per 1000Miles or more. The oil was very dark and looked like it has been burnt to hell. There were definetly no leaks from the gasket or oil pan as I check
I took the car to the dealer right away and they said they have never heard of this problem before.... and told me to start a oil consumption test next time my oil change is due. Has this oil consumption problem been around for a while? I wonder why no one made a big deal out of this on the 350z-tech forum.
Is there anything else I can do beside just going and sticking to the slow and long process of famous Nissan "oil consumption test"?? Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 933 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
I believe CODY is having this problem on his 03/04

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
I believe CODY is having this problem on his 03/04
hey I have the same problem!.....
any feedback on this?

my baby 2006 Touring Mods:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:11 PM

A friend is having the same problem with his 06 base model Z. He's also using Mobile 1 synthetics and also going through a oil consumtion test. I only notice my exhaust tips were really dark, hopefully it's not from the oil.

post #5 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to rmistry7 Send a message via Yahoo to rmistry7
Quote:
A friend is having the same problem with his 06 base model Z. He's also using Mobile 1 synthetics and also going through a oil consumtion test. I only notice my exhaust tips were really dark, hopefully it's not from the oil.
On my 2006 Touring 6-speed, I am still running on dyno oil. But I notice that so far its using about 1/4 qt of oil every 3k miles.

-Rajan
post #6 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to Initial Z
I've been having to add oil on my 06 Enthusiast as well. I'll try to keep track of how much I've been adding.

post #7 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Base Member

I have the same problem on '06 base model and I have about 2,700 miles. I read the oil consumption problem in the forum and a couple of days ago I noticed my oil pressure gauge is so low even when I accelerated. Surely enough, the next day I checked, it was really low and luckily I have a couple qt. of mobil 1 that I saved.
post #8 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to rmistry7 Send a message via Yahoo to rmistry7
Im just curious. Those of you with severe oil comsumption (aka greater than 1qt per 1000miles), are you all using Mobil 1 synthetic? I mean, at 3k miles, I still have plenty of oil, its like a 1/4 qt low and I am running dyno oil.

-Rajan
post #9 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to ChargedZ
ok well i have no idea as to how common it is for the z or anything such as that but i do have so questions..

as one person stated he was noticing a really dark exhaust tip, if this is the case and it is in fact blow by try checking out ur head gasket, that would be the problem possibly if there is blowby, have any of u done a compression test on the cylinders? followed then by a wet test? this is to eliminate the possible issues

as i said i am not sure what exactly is going on with the z's but these r common things to try testing out
post #10 of 933 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast Member

is there like a recall for this or something?

I just left my car at the dealer... i'm waiting to see what they have to say...

anyone have something to say about this?

my baby 2006 Touring Mods:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement