Help! Window stuck down, wont go up! - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok a lil help from the more electronically inclined here, or jus anyone who may know, buuuut i put my windows down the other evening driving home and when i went to close them only the drivers side one went up. When i pull the switch up for the windows i can here a clicking sound from just under the switch area but no window. The window button does light up so it is getting power to it and i did check all the fuses too but no luck i was getting realllllllllly fustrated last night so i went out for drinks wid my buddy *not an alcoholic* so i thought u would try to reason my way thru it. All i can think of is that the window motor is gone but on a car that's 3 years old? doesnt sound right. Well if aaaaaaaaaaanyone can help greatly appreciated, SOS, u can imagine having to check the weather every time u leave the house and planning where ur gonna go to make sure the car is safe, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 02:29 AM

You need a new window motor. Mine is a 2003 and I just replaced it last monday. It is a common problem. Car still under warranty than its no biggie.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Zlichus
While I waited for the parts to come in at the dealer, there were times that a slight hit to the panel below the switch while engaging would allow the window to raise. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:39 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Ok a lil help from the more electronically inclined here, or jus anyone who may know, buuuut i put my windows down the other evening driving home and when i went to close them only the drivers side one went up. When i pull the switch up for the windows i can here a clicking sound from just under the switch area but no window. The window button does light up so it is getting power to it and i did check all the fuses too but no luck i was getting realllllllllly fustrated last night so i went out for drinks wid my buddy *not an alcoholic* so i thought u would try to reason my way thru it. All i can think of is that the window motor is gone but on a car that's 3 years old? doesnt sound right. Well if aaaaaaaaaaanyone can help greatly appreciated, SOS, u can imagine having to check the weather every time u leave the house and planning where ur gonna go to make sure the car is safe, thanks!
I have the same problem. I have 03 Z and i think i need to replace my window motor. At 1st, the both windows, mostly driver side, would slide down few inches whenever i pull them all up. Later on, the driver side window wouldn't go up at all. next, i tried banging on the panel (not wise i know...) to get the window back up. it worked few times, but later the window died on me.

I actually pulled the panels out and took out the window motor. i pulled the motor apart. and found black residue inside of it. I cleaned them and reinstalled them. but unluckily the window motor did not work. I'm gonna take it apart again tommorrow, but i think i have to buy the window motor since i'm out of warranty. I feel ur pain...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
had both replaced when mine went out also. the 2003/early 2004 models had POS motors in them

2013 370Z w/Sport Package, Midnight Blue
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 PM

Yeah I'm having that problem now. Has anyone tried to do it themselves? If so where did you get the motor from?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Yeah I'm having that problem now. Has anyone tried to do it themselves? If so where did you get the motor from?
I had the issue where my window motor just died. Today, I took the window motor apart and cleaned it. When I checked, one of the two carbon brushes around the ring was pushed in and was clogged. I cleaned it with WD40 and the brush came out. the window works now, hopefully this issue doesn't come back.

Or you can buy the window motor from your local parts store which has refurbished ones. The dealer charges alot on the new window motor.

Or you can buy one online, around $170 new OEM Nissan window motor.

Good luck.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
I'm visiting my sister in South Carolina. Far away from home ... *sigh* ....

I went to the car wash a few minutes ago. Stopped to get some gas and talked to a guy drivig a CS 2004 350Z .. same as mine. Told him .. "no problems" ... evidently the gods of mischance decided to ... ummm .. fix that. Pulled into the car wash and went to run the windows up (was nice day, had them down). Uhh ohh. The driver's side window won't come up. Great. Out to see if 'banging' on the door can get it up .. and call the local dealer to see if they have the motor in stock ......

** A few minutes later **

Success!! Thanks Toni. 'Thumped' the pannel below the switch and got the window to raise. Will keep it there for now in the up position until I can get it to a dealer. I 'should have guessed' that Toni would 'thump' it when it failed to work .. the only suprise was that it was a 'light hit'!!

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to ablindbaby
My old car (2004 g35 coupe) had terrible problems with both power windows. Sometimes they wouldn't go up at all, sometimes they would go up all the way then come down half way on their own and just lock up and refuse to move! Inifiniti said it wasn't the window motors, it was the window obstruction sensor. Basically the windows had too much friction on them, and the motor would think something is obstructing them (i.e. someone's fingers..). It may also be a problem, if you recently got your windows tinted.

So far, my 3fittyZ has had a problem with the driver's side window (the car is only 4 months old btw) and the window goes up and down just fine, but it makes a scraping sound when going up.

The garage:
2000 Acura Integra GS-R (sold in 2002)
2002 Honda S2000 (sold in 2004)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S (sold in 2005)
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe (sold in 2006)
2006 Nissan 350z
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 01:05 AM

Garage
Before anyone decides to purchase a new motor you may want to know that the limiters are based on resistance. If your vehicle is exposed to fine dust for long periods of time this will collect on all the parts of your power window systems thus creating resistance and stress. The motor sensors will recognize this stress due to resistance and thus not move your window up and or stop and reverse at some point of rising. Quick remedy is to open the affected door and flood your inner door chamber with WD40 spray. Be advised to place newspaper under the door to collect run off or what other substitute you feel fit to collect the WD40 oil dripping out from below. FYI if you hear clicking while trying to raise the window on the door that has a problem with rising the window the most likely problem is what I mentioned above. The clicking coming from the affected door control is normal and means there is a jam and or to much resistance. After the WD40 helps you out it is only momentary- you will need professional help to clean the power system and re-lube all parts associated to movement of the window system.

Last edited by steve350z; 07-05-2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: could not see the text.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement