Stock wheels an tire question - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Carlson View Post
So I have a set of ssr gt3 2 piece wheels, fronts are 10” wide, rears are 12”, and they’re 19s, I want to run a 255/35R19 front and a 305/30R19 rear, they’re on a 2004 350Z, procharged, 414 hp to the wheels, I just picked this one up, it’s running 285s in the rear and I just think it can hook up better. General g-max RS will be the tire, I just installed a ISC N1 coil over suspension and have it about 1/2 inch lowered, I don’t think they will rub but I wanted to see if anyone is running a similar set up. Any information would be great!

Fenders rolled? I would tend to think so if you're running 285s with no rub. BUT, no mention of the most important factor in sizing.... offset. What are the offsets of your SSRs?

Your 255/305 combination might also be a bit too widely staggered and lead to more understeer. If you're going to a 305/30 (which is a bit short but could work), would strongly suggest a slightly wider front tire. 255 will work but again, paired with the 305, may not give you the type of handling you want.

Mic's: Z33, SRL-311, SL55, Highlander-H / Gone: Z33 & Z34 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, SCCA D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply, all I can say at this point is they have spacers and are flush, after doing some size calculations l feel that I can do 265/35zr19 front and 285/35zr19 rear without affecting the vdc or trac, the spacers are probably about 10 mm, and are literally just taking up wheel stud space, so I will need to replace the studs with longer studs or replace the spacers,as I just purchased this Z I am just coming across things I need to make right. It has potential but needs some finessing, I am trying to dial it in, and am starting from the tires up, though I have replaced the eibach springs with ISC N1 coil overs and have spc rear toe elongation eccentric bolts to install as well, which will happen prior to the tire installation. This will be my 3rd 350Z, and the most modified, the first 2 were mildly modified, exhaust, intake, plenum and tires, I feel like this one can be a restoration of sorts with a strong supercharged and built motor. I am going off on a tangent now but this Z is so fun to drive that I just want to make it right. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement