stock stereo 07 roadster - want bose or similar w aux input - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
stock stereo 07 roadster - want bose or similar w aux input

I recently got an 07 roadster GT. I had Carmax ship it from TX to CA. They had listed it as "touring" which I assumed meant it included a Bose unit and heated seats (I had an 06 before which was touring and had these options). When it arrived, I noticed Brembo brakes, and what looks like larger tires than the touring ones (in the back) - so i'm pretty sure that means it's a GT vs. Touring. But, unfortunately, it has a regular cd-changer head unit and no heated seats. I can do without the heated seats, being in southern CA. However, the stock stereo sounds like total crap compared to my 06 Bose system. I don't need super high end but I really want to upgrade to something similar. Any recommendations?
Also, I want to be able to play my iphone or ipod - previously, with my 06, I had an adapter professionally installed - but i think that only works with the Bose head units that are satellite ready. What is the best way to go if I want to get bose like sound and an auxiiliary input for my ipod/iphone?
Should i purchase a Bose head unit made for my year/model and the adapter again or go with something else that's simpler? Any advice is much appreciated. Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
are you referring to GT meaning grand touring? because those had heated leather seats - if you have non-heated cloth seats but you have the brembo brakes then you have a 'track' model - assuming the original buyer did not put brembos on a base/enthusiast model.

what wheels came with the car?

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I meant grand touring when I wrote GT. I'm still confused - I have leather seats but they're not heated. And yeah, they're brembo brakes but I will have to check the size of the rear tires - don't know exactly. I thought the Track version was only a hardtop one? mine is a convertible/roadster.

I went ahead an ordered an aftermarket head unit that has blue tooth audio streaming and an auxiliary input so that should be good for my iphone and ipod. It's a decent unit. I'll put that in and then check the sound again - if it's still poor, I"ll upgrade the speakers. any recs/info/comments?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
yeah, track is a coupe only - absolutely sure they are not heated? put some pictures up on the seats - I thought all the leather seats in the Z line were heated - but I may be wrong.

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Touring Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It could be an Enthusiast model that the original owner added the Brembo brakes and lager wheels and tires. Post a few pictures of your Roadster, please.

Not everyone who lost his life in Vietnam died there. Not everyone who came home from Vietnam ever left there.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
Will take pics and post this weekend
Thanks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
still haven't taken pics
but i'm pretty sure you're right kornercarver..I think it's an Enthusiast model but the owner ordered/opted for leather seats and brembos. no heated seats. re: the stereo, the head unit i replaced did not say 'bose' on it..
but the subwoofer behind the drivers seat does read 'bose'.
do the enthusiast models have bose subwoofers behind the seat?
i suppose he could have upgraded to that too though..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement