Installed OEM Navi in NISMO - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bringing an old thread back from the grave, but I'm the current owner of this Nismo now and the navigation has stopped working. When I bought the car, it worked like a champ, but since this past summer it just stopped working. It's only flickered on ONE time since then and it was about a month ago on a warm day when it got up to around 60 degrees. Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing crmann is long out of the Z game...does anyone have his contact info by chance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:11 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have a complete OEM nav out of my 2003 touring that I'd sell you if you need replacement parts - PM me if youre interested

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Base Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensjp View Post
Bringing an old thread back from the grave, but I'm the current owner of this Nismo now and the navigation has stopped working. When I bought the car, it worked like a champ, but since this past summer it just stopped working. It's only flickered on ONE time since then and it was about a month ago on a warm day when it got up to around 60 degrees. Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing crmann is long out of the Z game...does anyone have his contact info by chance?
Does the unit still respond? It is common for the CCFL driver to burn out in these older units, its usually the culprit, and you can replace the tubes and drivers with led lines instead that will run quieter and longer too.

Use a bright flashlight and shine it at the screen to see if the panel is still lit up or if the unit is still responding to commands (press voice button).
That would be my first guess being that the screen went. With the details of this install, you should be able just to replace bits and pieces as the wiring and hardest part has already been done for you.

If it were me, I would install an aftermarket unit and relocate the screen as I did in my Z, everyone that has used the oem navi absolutely hates it after a while. Plus you get all the new features, and the oem buttons still work if programmed correctly

My unit sits behind the driver seat in one of the cubby holes which slide open when the eject button is pressed on the front, otherwise it is hidden.

Something to consider if you are bored of the oem unit. Most kenwood units work very well since the screen can be extended up to 8 feet away from the main unit. The screens are also LED backlit touchscreen which makes them nice for colder climates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement