Wiring Dilema... need a refresher - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jgruberman Send a message via MSN to jgruberman Send a message via Yahoo to jgruberman
(Thread Starter)
Wiring Dilema... need a refresher

Hey folks. I've been gone for a while, but now I come back with a very intricate problem. Let me give you the rundown. I have a four channel amp for all four speakers in my Z, but something happened and channels 1 and 2 don't work anymore.

SOO... I have four speakers that I need to wire to my two channels, BUT here are their specs:
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5
100/300 @ 4 ohm

Infinity Kappa 63.9i
75/225 @ 2 ohm

Power Acoustik Gothic OVN4-840
4x80 RMS @ 4ohm
4x95 RMS @ 2ohm
2x190 Bridged @ 4ohm
Max Power 840

Questions with this information:

1. How am I going to wire all four speakers to get their impedance ratings while still not going overkill on the amp on only 2 channels?

2. Would I just wire both sets bridged and split that 190 in half for each speakers power rating? I did a lot of impedance stuff a while ago, but haven't lately so I'm a bit rusty.

(Bonus Question) Why the F did Infinity rate their speakers at different impedance ratings while they're the same product line?

If you don't have the time to do it right,
when will you have time to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PaulO
Aloha,
Unless you want to use 225w 2ohm resistors, I wouldn't recommend wiring the four together on two channel outputs.
The ratings for the speakers could be for the application Infinity made them for, or to get the same acoustic spec in different sizes. Not familiar with the product line, so can't tell you.
Or you could go ahead, wire them up and don't crank up the volume. Personally, I don't think they'll sound good this way.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Lemans Sunset "Fairlady Z" Roadster, 18" wheels, LLumar Protect Film, Formula One 35% Ceramic Tint, Injen MR short Intake, Varis Intake Duct, Max Ground Kit (raffle win), DEI Hornet 700T Alarm System, Hardwired/mounted Passport 8500, Silver bulbs, smoked reflectors, Painted headlights with smoked strip. Gorilla Nuts lugnuts, JWT Oil Pan Spacer, Hawk HPS Pads, Stillen pillar vane XD and slotted rotors, PIPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement