HELP Installing High beam bulb - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hey can someone take pitty on me and give me some advice on how to go about installing a new pair of high beams? one of mine went out and its a pain to replace it. I have tried to do as little "taking apart" as possible but it seems impossible to do unless i take the whole headlight off. I have changed my turn signal bulbs just fine but the high beam seems horribly hard to do. If anyone has any pics or can walk me through this process i would really appreciate it. I'm trying to do it without taking the headlight off but if i must i guess i will. The furthest i have gotten in this process was taking off the white protective cap and staring blankly at what appeared to be the back of the HID. I think i have seen a little contraption holding the headlight in....it looks like a little wire that goes over the back of the bulb but i did not want to mess with it so i left it alone. I have an 04 with HIDs if that helps any. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Grand Touring Member

I think the only way to do it is to remove the front bumper then the headlights. You may be able to pull back the inner fenders enough to access it, but it probably isn't worth all the effort of that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to waitin407
IIRC the best way to do it is jack up the front side of the car that needs to new bulb, then undo all the fasteners holding on the wheel well and pull it back to get to the back side of the housing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to sw150
Just did this on monday. It was a bitch. I put the front of the car the air. Took the wheels off and then the inner wall. There is a little white circle on the back of the light. That comes off and then you can see the back of all the bulbs. There is a metal clip holding the light in place. I think they made it this way just to sit back and laugh everytime someone had to change a bulb. It was the biggest pain in the ass to get back into the right position. And pay attention on how it comes out it will make it a little easier to put back in. I did not and was just about in tears trying to get it back in. It might be easier to pull the bumper and pull the light out so you can get a better look at it.

[/color]Vortech / Max Speed / JIC / Stillen / Volk / Greddy / Titek / Veilside / Shine Auto / Nismo / Rouge / ACT / Corbeau / Metal Matrix / Hotchkis / [color="#0000FF"]

AIM: sw150z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanx guys i finally got it figured out and you are right the first one was a total pain in the a$$. it took me about 45 min to do the swithch but i went ahead and did the turn bulbs, high beams, and the little low beam bulb on the side which i cannot think of its name right now. the second headlight was a total breeze and i cleared it in 20 min. the way i did it was probably not the easiest but i went ahead and jacked up the car and worked from the wheel well. Thanx again for everyone's advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement