LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 04lemansz
(Thread Starter)
My amp is stashed away in the glove compartment behind the passenger seat. Eventually I plan on moving it to the compartment behind the driver's seat. Anyways, I have a fan I purchased from Sounds Great blowing on the amp to keep it cool, but I think it's about to cut out on me.

Can I use a CPU fan to cool the amp? If so, can I just tap it into the remote wire for the power like I currently have?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Z - 18" Bronze Nismo LMGT4s - Nismo Exhaust - Nismo Headers - Nismo CAI - Nismo Flywheel - Nismo V1 lip - Nismo V1 Spoiler - Varis CF intake duct - 35% Tint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Let the pedal hit the floor 'til the throttle redlines."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
I'd run two fans, one blowing in and the other as an exhaust. I wouldn't run them off the remote wire. I'd put a relay back there and run power from the power wire on the amp and use the amp's remote turn-on to turn on the relay.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to 04lemansz
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'd run two fans, one blowing in and the other as an exhaust. I wouldn't run them off the remote wire. I'd put a relay back there and run power from the power wire on the amp and use the amp's remote turn-on to turn on the relay.

What's going to be the easist way to attach 4 guage wire to a relay?

Z - 18" Bronze Nismo LMGT4s - Nismo Exhaust - Nismo Headers - Nismo CAI - Nismo Flywheel - Nismo V1 lip - Nismo V1 Spoiler - Varis CF intake duct - 35% Tint

"Let the pedal hit the floor 'til the throttle redlines."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
Quote:
What's going to be the easist way to attach 4 guage wire to a relay?
Just run a 16ga. wire from the amp's power lug to the relay. Connect to the relay with a female spade. Do the same with the remote turn-on lead.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
Quote:
My amp is stashed away in the glove compartment behind the passenger seat. Eventually I plan on moving it to the compartment behind the driver's seat. Anyways, I have a fan I purchased from Sounds Great blowing on the amp to keep it cool, but I think it's about to cut out on me.

Can I use a CPU fan to cool the amp? If so, can I just tap it into the remote wire for the power like I currently have?

Thanks!
I have two amps in the Driver's side compartment. I purchased a 12vt fan (about 4" dia) from Radio Shack. Have it hooked up so it turns on when temp gets hot .. forget what temp but around 80¬į I think .. haven't had any probs with overheating .. but did cut an opening in the cover.

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog:

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement