User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hey guys i saw a pic not that long ago but cant for the life of me remember where. Anyways it was a rockford fosgate 10'' sub in the bose place. Just wondering what would have to be done to get this to sound good better then stock to give some thump when you want but look just almost like stock. I know id have to run an amp but i wanna keep the stock headunit do you think it would still sound good if i put an amp to my components and replaced the sup in there with the stock unit maybe getting the jl audio clean sweep or whatever. thanks for replys in advance.

gbart

06 touring silver alloy 6mt. 15%tint all around, jwt popcharger, jl audio 500/1 amp, jl w6v2 10", understrut box, pioneer deh-p7800mp,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Enthusiast Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
maan, i tried the p3 in the stock location but it rattled to much, i really couldnt find a way to properly secure it, other than screwing it to the metal. my suggestion would to get a custom box
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Performance Member

At first i dropped a kicker 10' in the spot. It rattled too much like mentioned above. So i stuck with JL Audio which doesnt need as much air to breath and doesnt quite punch as hard as some other subs. I filled the hole with foam and did a layer of 3M tape around the speaker. Screwed in as many screws as possible, and took paper wedges and started taking care of the rattle. Popped the cover back on and BAM, cant even tell its ghetto'd )

Unless you plan going with dynamatt, then a high powered sub is going to create a lot of rattle you cant stop.

I use my stock head unit and currently have 3 10's and a aftermarket amp. JL Audio has something called a bass knob which will take the place of any crossovers you planed on using. The bass knob and a RCA converter will get the show on the road for the stock unit. The knob allows you to control your bass to the fullest... the RCA converter is necessary for the RCA's coming off the amp. (your stock unit doesnt have jacks)

Injen CAIntake
Borla Headers
Borla True Duel Catback Exhaust
R/T High Flow Cats
18" Kazara Rims (245/40 Fronts 285/35 Rears)
3 Kicker 10's/680Watt Kicker Amp
Plus Extra Goodies To Improve Looks Along The Way... Rolling bye $4000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
cool man thanks for the info i think i might just have a box built for that enclosure as im not lookin for poundage just some nice tight base like a jl w3 or so thanks again.

06 touring silver alloy 6mt. 15%tint all around, jwt popcharger, jl audio 500/1 amp, jl w6v2 10", understrut box, pioneer deh-p7800mp,
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Base Member

Anything came out of that?

I am planning to put a mild 10" in the stock location. Dynomat the metal panel and put some foam inside. Was thinking about putting an amp in there, too. I won't be running it at max power anyway - just to add a little character to the music.

So any 10" sub should fit?

'05 350Z 6MT / 18s / navi / HID / VLSD / motordyne iso spacer / JWT pop-charger
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Performance Member

no, actually no sub will fit in the hole perfectly except the stock bose. The hole is going to be slightly bigger than the 10" sub and will need some sort of gimic to hold it tight. (keep it from rattling) its not too complex of a job, you should be able to bust it out with in an hour.

Injen CAIntake
Borla Headers
Borla True Duel Catback Exhaust
R/T High Flow Cats
18" Kazara Rims (245/40 Fronts 285/35 Rears)
3 Kicker 10's/680Watt Kicker Amp
Plus Extra Goodies To Improve Looks Along The Way... Rolling bye $4000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Base Member

Ok. Looks like it will be a trial and error type project. Anything just to save these 6 cubic feet of cargo space

'05 350Z 6MT / 18s / navi / HID / VLSD / motordyne iso spacer / JWT pop-charger
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Base Member

just put a 10w6 in stock location and it fits 100% perfect with no alteration to the metal the only thing you have to alter is the stock sub cover. all screws sink tight into the metal and secure the sub just like it should be

the problem with aftermarket subs is the are not supposed to be free air design like the bose is, so the solution to that is to seel the area behind the sub with dynomat and basically build a seeled enclosure out of dynomat. 100% rattle free and sounds exdcellent, clean. be sure to line the stock metal ring the sub is screwed into with dyno mat. havent done that yet in the pics

this is the only way to do it in my opinion and keeps the stealth look and free trunk space. i def recomend a w6 in that space fills the cabin perfectly and with the windows down can be heard verywell outside the car....the cashier at the local wawa said it sounded like two twelves inside the store!!!! and i still have not even turned up the gain yet sub is only 3 days old still being broken in

if i get the time ill write up a tech page with some more pics i took.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0517.JPG
Views:	26033
Size:	768.8 KB
ID:	39209   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0519.JPG
Views:	6819
Size:	758.8 KB
ID:	39210   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0520.JPG
Views:	17581
Size:	776.0 KB
ID:	39211  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast Member

(Thread Starter)
try to get some pics of it in the car i might have to go that route you running the stock deck? just curious how it sounds with the bose headunit. How much did it cost to seal it up good enough thanks.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Base Member

you will have to get what is called a high low converter which will tap into the speaker wire that is going to either the rear speakers or stock sub. the converter has rca outputs on it which you will conect to your amp for the new sub. as long as you get an adjustable converter it can be tuned to your system.

it took a full dynomat trunk kit to properly seal everything up (probably could have been less but it is very important to get a good seal so i went overboard) i got mine at cost from best buy through a connect,it cost 65 it might be 100 if you actually get from the store
Sponsored Links
Advertisement