It works! Ipod integration into 2003 factory bose w/ navigation! - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

I am curious exactly where others have mounted the USA-Spec device. For now, I have mine loose, under the stereo and A/C controller (in front of the gear shift). I'm planning on getting some double-sided tape and just sticking it to the bottom of the A/C controller. I'm afraid it might get too hot if I leave in on the bottom, since that's just above the transmission, and I've felt that area get hot before.

-chris

[attachment=17974:product_black_ipod.jpg]
Hi Chris or any others who have installed the USA-Spec device - I am about to purchase and install the PA11-NIS for my 2007 350z Touring roadster. I was curious if you ever settled on where to mount the USA-Spec device - did you leave it loose or tape it? I was thinking it might work to put it in the passenger storage net on the passenger side. Did you have to drill a hole or anything else to run the wire from the back of the radio to the input on the USA-Spec? Thanks for any advice or pictures of the actual completed install! Hopefully I'll be putting mine in next week...

-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Chris or any others who have installed the USA-Spec device - I am about to purchase and install the PA11-NIS for my 2007 350z Touring roadster. I was curious if you ever settled on where to mount the USA-Spec device - did you leave it loose or tape it? I was thinking it might work to put it in the passenger storage net on the passenger side. Did you have to drill a hole or anything else to run the wire from the back of the radio to the input on the USA-Spec? Thanks for any advice or pictures of the actual completed install! Hopefully I'll be putting mine in next week...

No drilling was required. There's a little space to stash the USA-Spec in front of the gear shift, under the headunit and A/C controls - you'll see if as soon as you take the shift plate off. I put some velcro on the top of the USA-Spec, and on the bottom of the A/C controller thing, and stuck it there with velcro. Eventually (after taking it off a few times) the adhesive came off on a few of the velcro patches, so use strong adhesive velcro and clean the surfaces first, if you go this route. Using velcro isn't necessary at all, I just wanted to get the USA-Spec up away from the (slight) heat coming from the chassis at the bottom.

Best thing to do is just pop off the shifter plate around the gearshift (you don't have to pull the shift knob off to do this), and you can see exactly what I'm describing. You can pop it off with no tools.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
No drilling was required. There's a little space to stash the USA-Spec in front of the gear shift, under the headunit and A/C controls - you'll see if as soon as you take the shift plate off. I put some velcro on the top of the USA-Spec, and on the bottom of the A/C controller thing, and stuck it there with velcro. Eventually (after taking it off a few times) the adhesive came off on a few of the velcro patches, so use strong adhesive velcro and clean the surfaces first, if you go this route. Using velcro isn't necessary at all, I just wanted to get the USA-Spec up away from the (slight) heat coming from the chassis at the bottom.

Best thing to do is just pop off the shifter plate around the gearshift (you don't have to pull the shift knob off to do this), and you can see exactly what I'm describing. You can pop it off with no tools.
Awesome - Thanks! Still waiting on the USA-SPEC device but I have a great idea where to put it now. Where do you end up stashing the iPod when driving / connected?

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Awesome - Thanks! Still waiting on the USA-SPEC device but I have a great idea where to put it now. Where do you end up stashing the iPod when driving / connected?

I haven't really come up with a great place to put it, so I usually just put it on the passenger seat, or tucked in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat. I thought about putting it somewhere where I could see it while driving, but I couldn't find a good place, and I really don't need the distraction anyway, especially since you can use the stereo's normal CD next/previous buttons to change to the next/previous song.

Someone on this forum build a really slick custom iPod (not iPhone) mount.. somewhere there's a thread with pics.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM

Is there anyone that doesn't have an Apple Ipod using this? If so, how is it?
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Use google or froogle to find 'ipod to nissan interface' and check out all the results for this. I'm waffling between doing the interface or getting a new HU and speakers.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Grand Touring Member

*cough*post over a year old smooth*cough*

2003 LeMans Sunset Touring Coupe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

lol... I know. I was doing some research, saw this thread, and felt like bumping it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Grand Touring Member

I got a Neo Prolink interface that works very well and with my iPhone too. I really like the OEM look so retaining the headunit is important for me. What ideas are you throwing around?

2003 LeMans Sunset Touring Coupe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

I'm no audio guru, but I wanted something that was reliable. My Bose HU is more fragile and touchier than a princess brat. I was hoping there would be something easy to work with if I wanted to hook up an iPod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement