It works! Ipod integration into 2003 factory bose w/ navigation! - Page 2 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Joe for the reply. Maybe we should turn all this iPod info into a wiki page. I'll volunteer to start one... it's the least I can do to give back to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 06:37 AM

I started a wiki page about the iPod integration with the Bose system. It isn't much yet, but that's what's great about wikis -- edit away!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Base Member

This was a very simple installation and I highly recommend it! FYI - The plug mentioned above is number 1 (replace it with the plug from the unit, then snap in the factory plug into the unit's harness). Also, be sure to set dip switch #2 to "off." This will allow you to control the iPod from both the head unit AND the iPod.

Oh - and one more thing! You can use the iPod's equalizer to boost signal to the HU. I was thinking about getting a new head unit but now, I think I just gave it a shot of steroids! Love this thing!

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm definitely going to be doing this! I got an ipod for Xmas and was wondering how I could integrate it into the Bose. Now I'm stoked!

So how many songs can a 40gig ipod hold?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I'm definitely going to be doing this! I got an ipod for Xmas and was wondering how I could integrate it into the Bose. Now I'm stoked!

So how many songs can a 40gig ipod hold?
40 gigs worth!

My iPod currently has around 7GB of music -- around 1300 songs.. that's an average of 5.4MB per mp3, which seems about right.

But the new 5G iPods can play video... so 80GB isn't what it used to be!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Quote:
I started a wiki page about the iPod integration with the Bose system. It isn't much yet, but that's what's great about wikis -- edit away!
Great page! Now we need one for non-Bose...

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Great page! Now we need one for non-Bose...

I think the USASpec interface mentioned on the wiki may interface with the non-bose system -- it just needs a system that supports an external CD changer. Does the non-bose support that?
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 PM

I was thinking about getting this. I have an 06, again. It is a Bose System w/ out Navi, but has the factory XM Satelite Radio, which I currently listen to. I also have an ipod thought that I would like to use. If i get this do I HAVE to ditch the XM? Is there any option out there that allows me to keep my stock Bose Head Unit, XM and allow me to use my ipod, besides getting an FM transmitter?

Oh I have a Belkin Transmitter right now and the Distortion SUCKS. Does the PA11 – NIS get rid of the distortion? Is the sound quality as good as a CD?
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I was thinking about getting this. I have an 06, again. It is a Bose System w/ out Navi, but has the factory XM Satelite Radio, which I currently listen to. I also have an ipod thought that I would like to use. If i get this do I HAVE to ditch the XM? Is there any option out there that allows me to keep my stock Bose Head Unit, XM and allow me to use my ipod, besides getting an FM transmitter?

Oh I have a Belkin Transmitter right now and the Distortion SUCKS. Does the PA11 – NIS get rid of the distortion? Is the sound quality as good as a CD?
The sound quality is good (as good as your head unit, anyway) - it's a direct connection, no noisy FM transmitter.

As for your sat radio question.. I don't know. maybe someone with an '06 knows, or the USA-spec manufacturer?
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
The sound quality is good (as good as your head unit, anyway) - it's a direct connection, no noisy FM transmitter.

As for your sat radio question.. I don't know. maybe someone with an '06 knows, or the USA-spec manufacturer?
I was thinking of getting a new HU with hd radio and with built in Ipod compatibility. Currently I am using the tape player adapter. To me it sounds muddy when using the adapter. Does this make the sound quality as good as if one was playing a cd? Is it much better than using the tape player adapter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement