Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Non-bose stock radio...

26K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Payback_56 
#1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering if the non-bose radio has a output for a sub, and if u guys get aftermarket radios how do u get them to fit into the radio area? Even the double DIN radios seem to be too small, they say they are like 4" where the opening for the 06 radio is 4 1/2 inches, is there somthin I can use to fill it if I get an aftermarket radio??

Also, I was just curious is the bose a lot better???

#2 ·
for it to fit a 2 din you need :this

if you want good sound and put a sub you may want to get an amp with the HU other wise it won't be able to do it....

unless you install the avic-z1 (or others) that have a setting to plug sub in the configuration

do you actually have a bose?

#3 ·
No, its the non-bose system, I only have the enthusiast, but before I went through the trouble of finding somthing spacer and getting an aftermarket HU I figured I could get a sub, build a small box behind the driver seat and use the factory opening, then I figured down the road I could find the right spacer, and get a good HU like the Avic-N3 (or whatever Pioneer Avic model is the new one at the time) and add everything on later...

I wasnt sure if the stock radio could even support a sub, that was why I was asking, but now I might just go and get a HU when I go to get the sub anyway, and just get all that out of the way now...

Any suggestions on good HU? I would like one with an adaptor for the ipod and steering wheel audio controls too if its available...

O yea, and here is a pic of the space behind the seat in case u didnt know what I was talking about...

[attachmentid=16155]

Attachments

#4 ·
No, its the non-bose system, I only have the enthusiast, but before I went through the trouble of finding somthing spacer and getting an aftermarket HU I figured I could get a sub, build a small box behind the driver seat and use the factory opening, then I figured down the road I could find the right spacer, and get a good HU like the Avic-N3 (or whatever Pioneer Avic model is the new one at the time) and add everything on later...

I wasnt sure if the stock radio could even support a sub, that was why I was asking, but now I might just go and get a HU when I go to get the sub anyway, and just get all that out of the way now...

Any suggestions on good HU? I would like one with an adaptor for the ipod and steering wheel audio controls too if its available...

O yea, and here is a pic of the space behind the seat in case u didnt know what I was talking about...

[attachmentid=16155]
I don't think you can hook a sub to the stock HU unless you put a amp in between....
to be able to keep your steering wheel controls you will need the PAC SWI-PS

for the ipod...uhm... I installed the pioneer ipod interface for the avic but it SUCKSSS.... it takes to long to find something..... so avoid it if you can...... is not worth it unless you like to change songs with out going to an specific one. you may want to check the NEO ION and see if is compatible with the HU that you have.

#5 ·
Alright, thnx for the info, I will keep it all in mind, I honestly didnt know if I could hook up a sub to the stock radio, it seems kind of cheap, I dont even see any kind of brand name anywhere on i, what kind of radio is it? (Non-bose)

That is why I didnt think it would have an output for a sub, even if I used an amp...

Also, I was thinking about the neo ion, but people said it sucks ass to! They said u can't change playlist useing the audio controls or anything, all u have is play stop next and previous, they said if u want to change play list or anything, u have to do it manually on the ipod, so I might still try it, it has the basic functions I need, plus u can put ipod on random....

I dont know if it works with stock radio, or bose radio, someone on here said they have it and it sucked, but I dont know if they had the stock radio, or bose....hey u out there!! The one that said Neo ion sucked, if u r readying this let me know if u have the stock radio or bose radio....thnx...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.