I need some opinions and advice please! - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok so I just bought my Z and I'm ready to start messing with it! I want to install a system in it and im already having questions. Which would be better: a box made out of your regular wood board material or fiberglass? Second question should I go for 2 10's or one? Also what are like the top 5 subs and amps uall recomand? I want a LCD screen type head unit whats good and not like $1500 bucks? i think that about sums it up for now! thanx guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 PM

READ THIS

Then, search through these forums to get a little background knowlege. After that, you can ask more specific questions and will get a better response from the people on this board

Personally, I think a high end single 10 with a fiberglass enclosure is the best because it's the lightest setup.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
Here are some ideas. MDF and fiberglass both have pros and cons. Many boxes are built using a combination of the two materials
https://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:...ubwoofer_Boxes

I had 2 12" subs in my last Z and honestly it was a waste. 1 GOOD 10" is way more than enough.

Look at the higher end Infinity, JL, and Rockford subs. Those are what I am currently looking at.

Next, consider your overall goal. if you plan carefully, you can get 1 amp that will run your front speakers and power a sub.

The Kenwood DDX 7015/17/18 head units are the current popular DVD/touchscreens for the Z crowd and will fit your budget.

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:52 PM

I agree with the single sub comments. I have one 12" Rockford Fosgate, and that thing was a TON of bass in the trunk of a Prelude. I am about to put it into my Z. I can't even imagine what it's gonna sound like in a hatchback!

Good luck.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanx for the advice guys! now what kinda box should i go for? fiberglass or the board?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Performance Member

fiberglass will give you more options as to what your needs are for the rear storage area. Personally I am in love with JL and will forever be a JL customer. There products last, sound awesome, and are some of the cleanest bass I have heard. I have (4) 12W7's on my garage floor atm, and in the process of fitting 2 in the Z. (Way over powered, but hey I do it cuz I can :P). But remember, your sub is only as clear as your amp. A good amp is important in sound quality. I pushed my W7's in previous cars with MTX 81000 D class amps. So when getting system costs, remember to get a good amp, not just a high powered one. OH, IMO get separate amps for your sub and componets.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
haha wow im such a loser! may be if i would have seen that link i wouldnt have posted the question about the box. thanx a lot Josh the link helped me get some ideas. ill post soon about which sub i chose and ill have to ask uall what amp to get with it!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Quote:
in the process of fitting 2 in the Z.
+1 on the separate sub/components amp. Although, how are you fitting two 12's? Are you putting them in the floor? (and go without spare tire) if not, can you please post a pic? (regardless if it's yours, or someone else's that you've seen)

I am really curious to see this
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Performance Member

Quote:
... Although, how are you fitting two 12's? Are you putting them in the floor? (and go without spare tire) ...
Yeah, go go AAA if I get a flat! I have ripped out all of the rear molding atm, spare tire, foam blocks etc. I can take a pic of where they are going to go, but I don't have a box made yet, that is in the process.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast Member

I went with 2 8" Image Dynamics. Used a Zenclosure. Clean, tight bass that's not an overkill. Read through the stickies and tutorials, you'll get a better idea of what you want then. I like Memphis audio and Phoenix Gold amps. I have one of each. You already know which subs I use. The last pair I had in my RL were JL W6v2s. Not a bad sub, but others out there sound better for less. Alot guys here use Infinity for their mids and highs. They offer shallow mount speakers that fit nicely in the Z. HU - everyone has their own poison. There are too many out there to just pick one.

350Z TT -- All go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement