The ultimate end-all Bose audio thread - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Looking at the Kappa 60..7cs crutchfield.com shows that they dont fit the 350Z. since you say that it was installed did where did you put the crossover?
Yeah, i'm trying to get the same exact setup but it says it won't fit on any Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
The stock mounting location for the door speakers have a very shallow mounting depth. Very few aftermarket speakers will work as a direct bolt-in replacemant. If you make use of some sort of spacer ring, then you can mount just about any speaker (within reason) in the factory location.

Toykilla already has tutorial on how to make a spacer: Front Speaker Wiki

Regards,
Ronin Z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
This is supposed to be the "End all Bose audio thread", so I hope I am asking this in the right place. I have an 04 Touring withe the Bose system, 6 CD in dash... etc, Could someone please explain to me what the "Audiopilot" function is, what it does... I only know that when I press the Audio button, to adjust things like bass and treble, there is also an option to turn "AudioP" on or off... I tried looking in the manual and it mentions "Audiopilot" a few times but has no explanation of what it does... any feedback is much appreciated, Thanks!

dont place the same post twice that $h1t is annoying

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 12:39 AM

Oh cool, didn't know that tutorial existed. Thanks man!
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Performance Member

Quote:

Actually I Just installed the Kappa's and they have changed the type of magnet that they are using which has actually made it so the speaker fits in the stock mounting section. Crutchfield states that it doesnt and it actually does. Now i did buy my speakers off of Ebay cause they are a third cheaper and they are new in the box. I was able to put these speakers in the stock hole without any need to fabricate any kind of spacer or buy one. and they fit now =)

<span style="font-family:Tahoma"><div align="center"><span style="color:#000000"><span style="font-family:Tahoma">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Tahoma">Polished Vortech Super Charger | DC Sport Polished Headers | JWT Cams | Nismo Clutch and Flywheel <div align="center">387 WHP 321 WTQ @ 8 psi
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 AM

Swedish! Thanks a bunch. I actually purchased those two pairs, a pair of tweeters, and the Alpine DVA-9861 all for 800. Shipping is included as well. I think that was a pretty good deal. It said the Alpine DVA-9861 fitted, just hope it fits. I&#39;m also having mobiletoys.com install the parts. Is that a wrong move? Know any other domestic stores that would do a good job of installation? Thanks for replying back.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
I have a new question, didnt know the best keywords to use to search for this question.

If the Bose amp is in back, that should mean the wirings for the speakers all go back there and not to the head unit like most systems. That means that if I was to wire new aftermarket speakers to a new head unit, would there have to be new wiring work done to reroute them all up to the HU? Wouldnt that cost a good bit more for a professional job?

My reason of asking is I dont know if I should spend more to reroute the speaker wires up front or to just by a new amp for them and stick it in or near the old bose amp location.

Thanks in advance

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I have a new question, didnt know the best keywords to use to search for this question.

If the Bose amp is in back, that should mean the wirings for the speakers all go back there and not to the head unit like most systems. That means that if I was to wire new aftermarket speakers to a new head unit, would there have to be new wiring work done to reroute them all up to the HU? Wouldnt that cost a good bit more for a professional job?

My reason of asking is I dont know if I should spend more to reroute the speaker wires up front or to just by a new amp for them and stick it in or near the old bose amp location.

Thanks in advance
I have to say the Bose becomes more fuzzy with time. I started this thread to end all of the fuss, but a few people have chimed in saying "well i didnt have to do that".

Essentially we have:

Radio---->Amplifier---->Speakers

In my opinion, if you buy a quality aftermarket head unit, you do not want the signal going through the Blose amplifier.

There are several ways around it.

1. run new wires to the speakers.
2. bridge the speaker wires at the amp.

Option 2 involves jumping the amplfier input wires to the output wires. This can all be done at the back of the car near the amp.

I would favor option 1 and infact we have a tutorial on how to do it: https://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:Fr...er_Wire_Routing

AIM: jbass350z

post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to yoshi Send a message via MSN to yoshi
Ahhhhhh I totally missed that tutorial browsing around earler, thanks for that link, that definitely clears it up for me.

Current (and keeping til it falls apart) - '08 True Red MS3 GT --- Bone Stock :\
Past - '06 350z , '05 Civic Si
Zの方が好きだったけど家族人だから仕方なく5ドアのやつにしなきゃ、と思って
スピードアクセラがちょうどいいなと思って遂に買っちゃった。後悔はない=)
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 03:56 AM

Is there a way to get a 2006 HU to fit a 2003?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement