Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Eclipse, Seas Lotus Reference & TRU Technology

14K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  KShep 
#1 ·
I have a few pics of the install...please refrain from posting until they are done to preserve continuity. Thanks.

TRU Technology amp...drives component speakers and one 10" subwoofer.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I need to get a better pic of this Eclipse HU. It is awesome...20 gig HD, memory stick, MP3, Cd and DVD. Also hooked up to a reverse angle rear viewing camera.

That's toykilla's Profec E-01 mount he made in the sunglass holder location. It doesn't really hinder the view through the mirror.

That's all for now...I will post some more when they finish up later this week. It is nice to have some audio reproduced in the car as it was meant to be experienced.
It was a pleasure to remove the bose .....crap.

Attachments

#14 ·
[/quote]
Thanks DJ...the rear speakers ruin the sound stage. We have it pretty close to perfect for the driver....with the source (vocals and mid bass) sounding like it is in front of you. As an example...you don't attend a live performance and turn your back to the stage.

#15 ·
[/quote]
Thanks DJ...the rear speakers ruin the sound stage. We have it pretty close to perfect for the driver....with the source (vocals and mid bass) sounding like it is in front of you. As an example...you don't attend a live performance and turn your back to the stage.
<div align="right">[snapback]110396[/snapback]
[/quote]

looks awesome! i know what you mean. didn't know if you were keeping the rears on for any mid range (which, honestly, they're not needed).

i take if you are going for quality over quantity! :)

#19 ·
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]110396[/snapback]
[/quote]

looks awesome! i know what you mean. didn't know if you were keeping the rears on for any mid range (which, honestly, they're not needed).

i take if you are going for quality over quantity! :)
<div align="right">[snapback]110410[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sound Quality was the goal. We tried to put an Eclipse SW9102 in the stock location (250 ounce magnet sub)...missed by a inch or so. They could have done a better rendering on the "Z"...but I didn't ask them to fab that and they didn't charge me for the work or materials.

#20 ·
[/quote]
The installer's hands looked like they had been through a meat grinder after installing all of the Dynamat. There are no rattles with the audio off and no sound that shouldn't be there when it's on. One of the cross over covers dislodged in the passenger door and caused a ruckus...but that was quick and easy to remedy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.