Factory amp location in Coupe - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
The OEM amp does not use an RCA cable.. There is a bundle of 20-30 wires going to the Bose amp and it carries all the signals/controls of the amp.

Here is the Audio/video/nav section of the manual. Look at the index. I think page 7 has the schematic for the Bose.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Av.pdf (8.34 MB, 1691 views)

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Josh...I am asking Nathan to come on and look at this file. He is trying to see if there is an amp for the front/rear speakers now. brb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5AT '04 TOURING SE GA USA
August '07 Dyno at Forged Performance 398WHP / 380TQ @ 8.5psi

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Administrator

the Bose amp controls all 4 speakers + the subwoofer.

Bose likes to do very strange wiring with their systems and i would advise you to just bypass it completely

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Administrator

My assumption here is that you are adding an aftermarket amp? aftermarket head unit?

If yes to both, then run RCA from aftermarket HU to aftermarket AMP. Then run fresh speaker wires to the front speakers. You can either run the wires into the doors, or try to catch the wires back at the bose amp.

If you are keeping the stock head unit, you will most likely need a Bose level converter.. This is something that has been talked about countless times.. Let me know if this is your situation.

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:33 PM

[/quote]
All signs are pointing to this being the case. I was hoping we could avoid tearing into that thing. The new amp is going in the spare tire well.
<div align="right">[snapback]102113[/snapback]
[/quote]

I really think that you should reconsider that mounting position Kenny - if for whatever reason you want to make any setting changes you will have to tear all that crap out again to make an adjustment - then put it all back together

If you want it hidden - there is room under the "glove box" behind the passenger seat. There is also a removable "tray" so if you need to get access you can quickly & without tearing anything out to get to it. Food for thought - just trying to help
<div align="right">[snapback]102128[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bill...there is nothing in my spare tire well, and it&#39;s easier to get to than the "glove box", plus more air in there to cool the amp. Thanks though...
<div align="right">[snapback]102150[/snapback]
[/quote]

Like I said do what you want to, but I&#39;ll tell you this much - 90% of the guys with aftermarket amps & such are doing the same thing that I did I can&#39;t be that far off the charts
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)

[/quote]
All signs are pointing to this being the case. I was hoping we could avoid tearing into that thing. The new amp is going in the spare tire well.
<div align="right">[snapback]102113[/snapback]
[/quote]

I really think that you should reconsider that mounting position Kenny - if for whatever reason you want to make any setting changes you will have to tear all that crap out again to make an adjustment - then put it all back together

If you want it hidden - there is room under the "glove box" behind the passenger seat. There is also a removable "tray" so if you need to get access you can quickly & without tearing anything out to get to it. Food for thought - just trying to help
<div align="right">[snapback]102128[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bill...there is nothing in my spare tire well, and it&#39;s easier to get to than the "glove box", plus more air in there to cool the amp. Thanks though...
<div align="right">[snapback]102150[/snapback]
[/quote]

Like I said do what you want to, but I&#39;ll tell you this much - 90% of the guys with aftermarket amps & such are doing the same thing that I did I can&#39;t be that far off the charts
<div align="right">[snapback]102223[/snapback]
[/quote]
I know that is a standard location for aftermarket amps, but it makes it more difficult to get to the fuel pump, which is located under the glove box false floor. Since the Walbro pump is not the most reliable device, I&#39;d rather have easy access to it.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

(Thread Starter)

[/quote]
We are removing everything Bose, except the rear speakers which will be disconnected but left in place. He is taking pics of the entire install. Will post up those of interest that are not already in the DIY forum.

Why auto manufactures continue to put this shoddy, fifth rate Bose trash in higher end cars is a tribute to Bose marketing. This stuff is worse than useless.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Bose is all hype.. i have never been impressed with their overpriced home theater crap.. and their car audio is a joke..

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 03:55 AM

Hey guys, My remote turn on signal wire doesn;t work and I don;t want to take the car apart again,

I trying to hook up the remote lead to the Stock Boss amp remote lead.

Can anyone tell me which is the easiest way to do this.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement