Here is a list of suggested procedures for a recently acquired used car:
This portion was also provided thanks to Themikewoo over at s2ki.com forums.
Although the list was originally intended for new s2k owners, I again altered it in a way that would apply to a 350z.
Themikewoo's new owner maintenance
• Change all fluids and filters
• Gravity bleed the brake and clutch fluid
• Check tire tread depth on the inside and outside of all tires
• Get a good alignment
• Change the spark plugs if your car has a lot of miles
• Check the oil often, some cars burn more than others. Sometimes switching oils will help with oil burning
• Some cars burn excessive amounts of Mobil 1
• Regrease the shifter lever pivot points
• Pull the valve cover and inspect the retainers and keepers
• Change the belt
• Clean/protect cv joint boots
• Fresh Claybar/Wax