370z Nismo headers compatible with DE engine? - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
370z Nismo headers compatible with DE engine?

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forums and fairly new to modifying Z's... well cars in general, but looking to learn more and become more familiar with all this foreign stuff I've never heard of nor understood. So I have a quick question and hopefully its not a stupid question where I'm about to get roasted for not knowing, but recently someone had mentioned the idea to me of putting 370z headers on my 2004 350z w/ test pipes (yes I am aware its illegal to remove the cats). So being young and on a budget, I found some 370z Nismo headers online for sale for a great price. The problem I saw while looking at some of these forums and websites was many people were doing this on the HR, not the DE, but no one says specifically anything about them not fitting. I just haven't seen anyone who has mentioned it done to a DE and I was wondering if anyone has done it or knows if you can do it. Just not sure if not many have done it, or if it simply just won't fit. Thanks and hopefully you guys won't be too harsh on a Newbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Dunno - but I wouldn't buy cheap headers, they are often crap - make sure they are equal length runners and the collector needs to be high quality - otherwise you're unlikely to gain any benefit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Dunno - but I wouldn't buy cheap headers, they are often crap - make sure they are equal length runners and the collector needs to be high quality - otherwise you're unlikely to gain any benefit
Yeah we ended up passing on them, got into looking at other headers online and saw that the HR and DE (03-06 and 07-08) was in different posts so I assume they switched them after 2006. Thanks for the other advice though, I'll keep that in mind if I ever buy headers in the future.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Keep in mind Nissan really designed the OEM headers pretty well. There's few gains to be made by going to a custom header, and that's the bottom line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement