HOW TO: Vent your crank case. Attn: FI members! - Page 4 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok, I actually revisited this a bit today. I used clear tubes the first time around so I could visually see where oil was going. The driver side is working like a charm. The tube coming out of the crank case is stained with oil, while the one going into the intake is not. Check. But, the one going into the passenger side intake was a little oil stained. Also, the catch tank was not catching as much as it probably should. So, the first time around I did not put anything in the tank, but I have read that it isn't very useful without something stuffed in there. I did a little research and found the best thing to put in there is probably some stainless steel pot scrubber little steel balls. I picked up 4 from the grocery store, and spent my day stuffing them in the catch tank. They are bulky enough that they have far greater integrity than stainless steel (which is what I bought at first, but decided against putting in) but still plenty porous to catch a bunch of oil.
I also put a new clear tube on so I can tell if oil is still getting in.
I'll update again soon and let everyone know how it's going!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Willy! Just let you know that your write up was very helpful !!! I Do the same installation has yours without the litle restriction hose. My AFR is the same has before! Betwin 14.5-15 on idle. Ive got a 350z Twin turbo Greddy with forged internal.

For the check Valve I found on ebay some really good valve for a a good price!
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180699743585&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3538wt_1165"]

Waiting for your uptade!
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
reviving this

Does anyone see problem with just capping of the plenum port, running a breather on passenger side valve cover and then route the drivers side valve cover through the catch can into the intake (pre turbo and maf)? Same setup as Willy has but just capping off the plenum port essentially.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I miss Willy - wasnt he going into med school?

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement