Road to 300whp....,? - Page 4 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Wingman646 @ Feb 17 2009, 10:31 AM)
Quote:
ROTFLMFAO!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

Wow that was priceless.

But seriously man, cam and headwork will get you very close and that's not really "delving" deep into the motor by any means. I think you'll be real close to your mark by then.

Ya...cuz ...I cant stop crying! LOL! OK!

but you do give simple honest answers I'm looking for at least!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
not many of the headers have shown gains but it does all come down to the complete package including tuning, mods on the Z don't seem to give same results to everyone so tuning is definitely a must at the end to tie it all in.

Cams will help and valvetrain mods will be the key there allowing you to rev higher hence allowing for higher power numbers, the thing is that it gets pricey to do the cams and springs so not many people go there and I think this is the final piece plus tuning that will get you there once done with intakes and exhaust.

03 350Z 554RWHP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 90 300ZX TT

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Feb 13 2009, 06:14 AM)
Quote:
Good luck w/ your endeavor

and let's keep the f bomb to a minimum thanks

QUOTE (RoninDoc82 @ Feb 17 2009, 12:19 AM)
Quote:
Why the fuck[/b]ed up.

I'm almost convinced that if I would have said they were another brand, people would still just say that they're garbage with nothing behind it rather than weak statements like" its well known in the community"
and that I'd get 0 gain.

[attachment=26265:FLOWERS.jpg]

Here ...feel better!
ban

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Base Member

Send a message via AIM to Kkoa12h
QUOTE (RoninDoc82 @ Feb 17 2009, 09:53 AM)
Quote:
Look....I'm sorry if I'm being rude about it. the last thing I want is someone getting sore bout it, thats just the way I address things to people,

I just wanna know whats realistics in power gains. But to say, I'm gonna get 0 gain from because its a borla and its "well known in the community" . Thats dumb, Thats not logical
to me if there are no numbers or anything behind it, so how can it be the truth then.
Then you say "well, if I'd done my research!"
Ok???....I googled it as much as possible, asked friends, asked 2 local shops, (Obsession Motorsports and Altered Atmosphere) and they tell me the same shit opposite what this thread is saying.

I'm doing the headers cause they've arrived, If they don't give me shit, I can promise I'll be the first to say "you guys are right",....but....If it does contribute to the path I'm going in, I'm also gonna say that you
guys are full of shit! If I fuck up with this upgrade I'll say I fucked up.

I'm almost convinced that if I would have said they were another brand, people would still just say that they're garbage with nothing behind it rather than weak statements like" its well known in the community"
and that I'd get 0 gain.

[attachment=26265:FLOWERS.jpg]

Here ...feel better!

Stop being a Tool and search!

https://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...eaders&st=0

"Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others."
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (RoninDoc82 @ Feb 17 2009, 12:19 AM)
Quote:
Why the FUCK would I just cancel an order?. ....cause you say " wwwaaaa , It wont make power, wwwwaaaa"! No facts to show, ya Im so fuckin sure,.
Look I'm here to learn, That don't mean I'm just gonna listen to the first swinging Dick that that say cancel my order!!!!

I can comprehend the cams issue, and fine I can get to it, But before I need listen to a word you say, show me some numbers or facts that is gonna prove the header issue.
cause it sounds to me your just being biased!
Yes I am biased - I am biased against products that WORK. We sell Borla stuff....they make very nice products as a matter of fact, and their Z exhaust works well, and though it's a bit of a PIA to install, it's a great part. There is a reason that I won't sell their headers though - because they don't work.

You started the thread soliciting help and advice on how to achieve your goal. As I have achieved your goal, and surpassed it by a fairly wide margin, and have spent the last 6 years learning about the car, modding the car, owning the car, and investing tens upon tens of thousands of dollars (exclusive of my time and my employees time) into the car I figured I would help you out. If however your only reply is fueled by ignorance then what can I tell you. Good luck on your project.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast Member

QUOTE (RoninDoc82 @ Feb 17 2009, 09:53 AM)
Quote:
Look....I'm sorry if I'm being rude about it. the last thing I want is someone getting sore bout it, thats just the way I address things to people,

I just wanna know whats realistics in power gains. But to say, I'm gonna get 0 gain from because its a borla and its "well known in the community" . Thats dumb, Thats not logical

and that I'd get 0 gain.
Not sure why you find it illogical - it's been shown many times over already, going back several years as Borla was among the first headers on the market. Among your header choices, Borla are the worst. Not that it's not nicely made, just that it provides no gains. When you're fitting something as difficult as headers, there should be gains as a result. Not hating on them....not every company hits it out of the park with every pitch. Knowing these things is part of why I am good at what I do.

As for your second paragraph, let me unconvince you: Your first call, had you done any substantial research on headers for the Z, should have been to Crawford down in Tennesse (speak with Doug). Their units have PROVEN to make gains time and time and time again, on cars ranging from near stock, to fully built. Again, am I being biased? You tell me...try this on for size. I don't sell Crawford products....but I use it, because I know it works. I certrainly don't gain anything by endorsing a product I don't even sell.

Other setups that work for the Z - NISMO (nice units overall, very nicely made, more expensive than Crawford (which are not cheap), not nearly as much midrange gains. DC Sports also offer(ed) a decent set. Lower gains than Crawford or NISMO but more affordably priced. Many, many brands knocked off (or tried) this setup with various results. Well thought out primary diameter, and a meaningful collector design relative to the price. A good overall set for use with mild cams. Their old stuff, when it was part of AEM, was made nicely for the Z. Their new stuff (the company was sold in 2008) is now all made in China....who knows what quality is like now.

Your friend with the Corvette....has a Corvette, not a Z. Borla might make fantastic stuff for the 'Vette, but when it comes to Z headers, they don't make the mark. If it's worth it for you to find out otherwise, by all means go ahead.

In a world filled with "I think's", I have been there and done it. Doesn't make me special or important, or unique, but it does make me well versed on the subject.

Again, good luck on your setup
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Enthusiast Member

^ ignore him man.....that ronin guy is one of those kids who buys shit off impulse.....if he doesnt do research and wants to buy it let him make a post later cryin about how he hates borla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement