Cobb Tuning vs. Intake & Plenum Mods - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sisko99 Send a message via Yahoo to Sisko99
I wonder if my bitching and moaning over on their forum made any difference....lol

But it's about time they got around to making maps that people can use....

<div align='right'>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004.5 Daytona Blue Enthusiast 5AT - #99/#34/#314 - "Sara" - 114,000 miles
Borla | JWT | Kumho/Nitto | Hawk/CarboTech | Alpine | Hotchkis | Brembo | GReddy | Z1 | Carbing | Koni | MB Motoring | Nismo | Samco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
QUOTE (Sisko99 @ Aug 25 2008, 11:16 AM)
Quote:
I wonder if my bitching and moaning over on their forum made any difference....lol

But it&#39;s about time they got around to making maps that people can use....
Unfortunately, that&#39;s what it sometimes takes to get the ball rolling.

If I end up keeping my car next summer, I&#39;d really like to swing either the Cobb or UpRev systems.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Base Member

QUOTE (Toykilla @ Jul 23 2008, 07:09 AM)
Quote:
You heard wrong. We achieved almost 10hp on revup with only our spacer. MREV added torque.
Funny, cause even the MREV guy himself posted on the other site that he was disapointed with the results of just the spacer on the Rev-up engine.
Motordyne Post Link

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (Sisko99 @ Jul 23 2008, 11:51 AM)
Quote:
I&#39;ve actually been over on the Cobb Tuning Forums asking questions about why they only did stock maps with HFCs and cat back exhaust.....and told them that the JWT popcharger is perhaps the most common first performance mod known to the Z world. I haven&#39;t gotten any sort of official response yet....wonder if I will.

Don&#39;t completely discount the AccessPort. While for most it&#39;s a paperweight at the moment.....once they release the tuning software, it won&#39;t be. The Subie guys swear by it. My advice would be to do your breathing mods as you like and give Cobb some time to get the tuning software out.
I CANT believe they sell the access port with NO SOFTWARE!

i bought their springs and the front springs were the same diameter from top to bottom....this means that the bottom of the front spring is TOO BIG for the perch on the strut....driving around at 15mph my car was darting left...and then right on it&#39;s own on a FLAT STREET!

i&#39;m sure the same quality that went into the springs went into the access port also.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (TreeFidy @ Jul 24 2008, 03:14 PM)
Quote:
@Everyone

I&#39;ve found the actual dyno numbers done by Cobb.

http://www.velocityfactor.net/wwwroot/Prod...b350zAPDyno.JPG

They did three runs on a Mustang dyno (not sure if that would affect the numbers), Run 1 = Stage 2 map, Run 2 = Stage 1 map and Run 3 = stock map.
yeah right!

just like they said they experienced no problems with their springs.

the springs dont even fit the front of the Z the diameter of the spring is the same from top to bottom....it&#39;s so bad that all you can do is laugh or get really pissed off!!!!!

Varis duct, K&N drop in , Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Megan Headers, Megan Y pipe, Stock H.I.D. conversion, Topspeed A-arms w/adjustable camber, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis sways (front stiffest rear middle). Stern Beast ST1 19 inch staggered wheels , Falken FK-452 Rubber. Whiteline urethane bushings
Next temporary mod is resonated test pipes with the stock y-pipe.
Next year Stillen supercharger stage 2 kit---order stage 3 pulley separately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement