Engine Modification Guide - Naturally Aspirated - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
(Thread Starter)
This is the discussion topic for the wiki article: <A HREF=https://350z-tech.com/zwiki/Engine_Modification_Guide_-_Naturally_Aspirated>Engine Modification Guide - Naturally Aspirated</A>

<iframe width="100%" height="600" src="https://350z-tech.com/w/index.php?title=Engine_Modification_Guide_-_Naturally_Aspirated&action=render"></iframe>

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Looking for feedback and input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
I am wanting to develop this guide into a solid reference for newcomers. It should list all NA mods broken down into stages based on need and cost, as well as explain what each mod does, what it may costs, etc...

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don&#39;t know if those stages (or the mods therein) are something I can agree with. That&#39;s a huge jump to stage 2 from stage 1. Just my opinion.

Then again, I&#39;m sure that there will always be a difference of opinions and personal experiences to base each stage.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to studybuddy Send a message via MSN to studybuddy
There&#39;s so much info it&#39;s hard to figure out where to start. I&#39;ll try to help out with some of your projects when I can Josh, you&#39;re doing a great job of getting them up on the Wiki.

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
There&#39;s so much info it&#39;s hard to figure out where to start. I&#39;ll try to help out with some of your projects when I can Josh, you&#39;re doing a great job of getting them up on the Wiki.
True dat. The possibilities are endless, which is a good thing for us consumers.

Personally, I consider myself at Stage 1 if not a bit more due to my suspension and brake mods. All I need now is a catback exhaust system. I spent all weekend checking out single exhausts made of titanium. I just don&#39;t know how I&#39;m going to pay for it.

Edit: I guess I should start by listing the mods and costs. Did you want us to do it in the wiki?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Ninja350Z

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
A couple of 300+ HP NA set ups
Yashio Factory 300.1 HP
Nismo Spec 2 Head, Camshafts, Titanium Valves, 0.7mm Head Gasket, Forged Pistons, H-Beam Connecting Rods, Rod Bearings, Crank Bearings, Sports Air Filter, Intake Pipe / Yashio Factory Exhaust Manifold, Muffler, ECU / Kouki Stock Intake Manifold (intake manifold off of the rev up engine) these mods produced 241whp with engine tuning, 50 extra horses with just the ECU tuning alone, to bring it up to 300.1HP

Nismo 340HP
NISMO Spec2 Cylinder Head, Spec 2 Camshafts, Titanium Valves, 0.7mm Head Gasket, Forged Pistons, H-beam Connecting Rods, Crankshaft, Main Bearings, Sport Air Filter, Suction Pipe, Prototype Throttle Body, Prototype Exhaust Manifold, Weldina Main Pipe + Stock OP Rear End, fuel pump, Prototype ECU / Anniversary Edition Intake Manifold

Tomei 350hp
NISMO Spec 2 Cylinder Head (Ported, Modified Combustion Chamber), Titanium Valves, 0.7mm Head Gaskets, Forged Pistons, Rod bearings, main bearings, Oil Pump, Sports Air Filter, S1 Spec Intake Pipe, Fuel Pump / Tomei Pro Camshafts, Valve Springs, H-beam Connecting Rods, Prototype Baffle Plate, Expreme Exhaust Manifold, ECU / RB25DET Stock Injectors / ARC High Capacity Oil Pan, Full Dual Super Titanium Silencer 370cc injectors were also added for safety and well as high lift cams to support the 13:1 compression ratio.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
The idea is to give a newbie a place to look and follow a guide. The more experience people probably already know what they want and/or need.

Exact pricing is taken care of throughout the wiki. My thoughts were to break it down into "flexible" stages or just some type of guidelines. Each could have further information such as:

Cold air intake
Cost range: XXX to XXX
Installation time: XX hours
What it is and why you would want it.
Expected gains: XX hp

Of course this is not an exact science, but it is a start and will help many of the same questions from appearing over and over.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to Renovatio
Josh this is a great idea. Let me know how i can help. Ill fill in everything that i can for the exhaust that you dont pluss the coil overs the upper plenum the CAI and anything else

<span style="font-family:Lucida console"><span style="font-family:Tahoma">Gold Volk TE37 - HKS Hi-Power - Crawford Plenum and Strut - Nismo CAI - Nismo Sways - Stance Coilovers - Limo Tint - V1
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:45 PM

I don&#39;t know if I agree with everything in each "stage." Not everyone has the $$$ for certian parts. IE: Look how I gained 17whp from $800 of parts than went to an EMS and gained another 10 in the mid-range. I don&#39;t have a cat-back exhaust or after-market LSD. I also hate ECU flashes! I don&#39;t agree with them at all! Sorry you won&#39;t change my mind on them. I think new owners just need to do research and choose mods to what they are wanting & can afford for their car.

'03 HRE 350Z TT Sold
'12 Forgeline G37S Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement