The UTEC MAP Thread - Page 3 - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I "tuned" mine last night. Since I just finished installing the wideband AF guage, a friend (Rob) and I went out to this nice, straight country road and simply ran through the RPM's noting the AF ratio. I would shout out the RPM's in 500 RPM increments and Rob noted the ratio. We would stop, adjust the table, and do anothe run. Based on the info I've gathered here and elsewhere, we tried to maintain an AF ratio of around 13.0 during full throttle, starting at about 3500 RPM. I don't know if that's better or worse, but it was fun in any case
Conan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:16 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there's a lot of zeros under boost map, toykilla :D do you have before and after dyno of your a/f? I so badly need utec... I don't think most people would be generous enough to post their map, after all the $$ they spent on turning.. thanks for sharing. I'll share mine when I get it done.
Deathmage is offline  
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
toykilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to toykilla Send a message via Yahoo to toykilla
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
there's a lot of zeros under boost map, toykilla :D do you have before and after dyno of your a/f? I so badly need utec... I don't think most people would be generous enough to post their map, after all the $$ they spent on turning.. thanks for sharing. I'll share mine when I get it done.
well i dont have boost

AIM: jbass350z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
toykilla is offline  
 
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I "tuned" mine last night. Since I just finished installing the wideband AF guage, a friend (Rob) and I went out to this nice, straight country road and simply ran through the RPM's noting the AF ratio. I would shout out the RPM's in 500 RPM increments and Rob noted the ratio. We would stop, adjust the table, and do anothe run. Based on the info I've gathered here and elsewhere, we tried to maintain an AF ratio of around 13.0 during full throttle, starting at about 3500 RPM. I don't know if that's better or worse, but it was fun in any case
What gear did you tune in? I prefer 4th.

While your way of tuning was good, datalogging would allow more precise A/F numbers.
BobbyRitz is offline  
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 05:51 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow...I was reading about the Utec and it can have up to 5 different tunes from what I read and you can select them via a remote rotary switch. I like that idea.

Oh..btw...I am new here...LOL I don't have a Z yet..but give me a couple months...I have to ditch my Stang first.

DP
DarkProphet is offline  
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Wow...I was reading about the Utec and it can have up to 5 different tunes from what I read and you can select them via a remote rotary switch. I like that idea.

Oh..btw...I am new here...LOL I don't have a Z yet..but give me a couple months...I have to ditch my Stang first.

DP
Welcome...and you are correct. UTEC is a great mid-level engine management system.
BobbyRitz is offline  
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Performance Member
 
techcontrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to techcontrol Send a message via Yahoo to techcontrol
Any one has a map for the following: Injen CAI, Headers, HF Cats, NISMO cat-back? If anyone has something close to that, I'd appreciate it. Thanx

Rick


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
techcontrol is offline  
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Base Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi folks

I'm a UTEC noob...so noo that it's not even here yet! lol Should be by the end of this week tho.

I love this thread! Or rather, the idea of it. I wish we saw more maps posted. I know once I get more knowledgeable about it I'll probably post every map from throughout my tuning process. lol Well, not all of them, but someone may be interested to see a progression of UTEC learning. :-)

I'd like to make a map request, if I may... I just need a conservative baseline that will let me get out and make some runs without f'in up the works...

Here's my mods:
06 RevUp
Nismo CAI
Nismo Spec-1 cams
Nismo headers
Nismo y-/mid-/rear exhaust

If it weren't for the cams I'd try one of the many baselines floating around. But I'm paranoid about those maps not providing enough fuel.

Thx.


smokytyrz is offline  
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Enthusiast Member
 
old school's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Dirty Dirty
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting my UTEC in this week. Gonna read the manual and check out some of the maps posted.

I will be headed to SGP for headers install as well as tuning the UTEC....3 maps...all motor (intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, test pipes), 125 shot, and 150 shot. I'll post them on here when I get everything done so that anyone else running nitrous can benefit.

350Z TT -- All go
old school is offline  
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Base Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Getting my UTEC in this week. Gonna read the manual and check out some of the maps posted.

I will be headed to SGP for headers install as well as tuning the UTEC....3 maps...all motor (intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, test pipes), 125 shot, and 150 shot. I'll post them on here when I get everything done so that anyone else running nitrous can benefit.
Looking forward to it! I've got mine installed but too busy with other projects to get started with tuning yet. Soon though.

If you can, as SGP tunes try to get copies of each corresponding:

-map
-log (w/ afr)
-dyno chart (w/afr across rpm)

Seeing how each of those progresses to the final tune would be perfect. Ideally try to time stamp each one so we can keep them in order. That kind of information would be gold.

Good luck! Let us know what kind of numbers you get out of it!
smokytyrz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome