Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Kinetix Test Pipes Installed!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JTS2005 
#1 ·
thanks to Toykilla i got these installed today!! All i can say is WOW, these things make the borla sound a lot deeper. The car seems to be more responsive when i hit the gas. i am still breaking them in as i only put about 30 miles on them so far. I will definitely keep you guys posted as i put more miles on them. We did have one problem the driver side test pipes was hitting a heat shield and rattleing but i can just bend the heat shield and it should be fine. Overall i would definitely recommend these as long as you dont care about the smell.

See less See more
#2 ·
this setup sounds sick! its a tricky install for sure but we got it done.

we ran into a fitment issue, the stock cat brace didnt fit back on and the drivers side pipe was hitting the heat shield. I believe this is happening because the borla exhaust has been welded and the drivers side pipe is a little higher than the other. We cant really fix this at this point other than having the exhaust rewelded but i dont think the brace is needed anyways.

im not using it on mine.

great exhaust setup!

#3 ·
hey josh here is what lsdunique said to do:

Here is a tip we have given people who have had the same problem. Hand thread on all the nuts and bolts first, including the converter bracket, the top and bottom flange.

Leave them loose until you get them all started, then tighten them down starting with the converter bracket. Dont tighten it all the way, but half, then go through all the others and tighten them halfway down, then repeat tigtening them down all the way.

If you still have problems, then please by all means send it back, notify me and I will reimburse ou for the shipping.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.