Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

[WA] 2011 Nolimit Events Track Nights

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  monk13 
#1 ·
Guys n gals of Tech in WA, it's time to start getting your collective butts up to Barbagello. (Olly and Aaron THIS MEANS YOU!!!)

These nights are a great introduction into motorsport. You don't need lots of mods to enter, **** you can enter your Mums/wifes/girlfriends Excel if you wish. The nights are basically a driver training/time trial/time attack sort of a deal. Anywhere between 5 and 6 cars on the track at anyone time, with between 5 and 10 secinds seperating them. No overtaking unless waved passed, or on the main straight, so there is no fear of rubbing panels etc. Instructors that have done countless laps of the track are at your beck and call all night, to give you hints n tips, show you the correct lines, and if you hand them your keys, you will be massively surprised what your car can do. I know my car has got a very quick time in it, I just have to get there.

Anyhoo enough of my babble... Onto details.

Events take place at Barbagello Raceway
These are the dates which are currently confirmed for 2011. (Note: all dates are a Thursday.)

27th January
24th February
24th March
21st April
26th May
22nd September
20th October
17th November
8th December

Wondering what to expect on these dates at our events?? Well keep reading...

To start the night off we advise that everyone makes there best effort to arrive at Barbagello Raceway between 1700-1730 (Please be aware that there can be heavy traffic out of the city around 4:30). When you get to the raceway head straight though down to the open garages on the other side of the grassed area and park up in one of the bays. At this point it is advised to prepare your car for scrutineering, this could include removing loose items and or changing tyres.

When this is done you may start lining up in the scruitineering bay, look for the sign it was on your right as you drove past the grass.
By 1800 we aim to start the drivers briefing which will run for ~15mins.
Once this has taken place it will be time to start lining up in the pit lane, if you haven't been around the raceway before or you have entered our events before and wanting more instructing you are to line up in the left lane. The right lane is for those who have been to a number of our events before and are running the quicker times. Don't panic you can move over to the right lane if the instructor deem you to be capable.

Next comes getting out on the track, we are licensed to run up to 10 cars on the track at any one time however we usually only run 6. This allows you to get more space when your out there. You will be sent to the exit of pit lane where you'll watch for the lights to signal you to depart. The groups of 6 are made up of cars of similar lap times and also driver ability. Just remember though, if you have someone on your tail through the technical section of the track but your pulling away from them on the straight you are actually the slower car. It is your duty to easy up on the straight and let them pass, you'll find they will pull away from you and you anyway. When you have completed your 5 laps you'll see the checkered flag, this is your chance to cool your brakes down. Do your best to keep moving around the track with using your brakes as little as possible. Then next time around come back into the pits and line up.

With our starting time on the track being ~1830 we finish at 2230, if your keen to get laps in make the effort to stick around to the end. As for entry numbers, our cut off is 50 cars with most events seeing 30+ entries.

So what does your car have to have??
- Road registered/road worthy
- MUST have a passengers seat and seatbelt.
- Minimum of 1kg fire extinguisher bolted in a place that it is easily accessible (can be purchased though us ~$65)
- NO loose items.
- A CAMS approved battery triangle MUST be visible on the car and show the location of the battery.
A few things we recommend you do before making the trip up to the tack on the night.
- Flush/bleed your brakes and it's recommended to run high temperature brake fluid
- Check your brake pads and rotors have plenty left on them it's recommended to run quality high temperature brake pads
- Check all your tyres had adequate tread on them.
- Plenty of fuel (no service station close by may be a good idea to bring a jerry can)
- Check your suspension components are not loose and are in good condition.

That's your car sorted, what do you need??
- CAMS Level 2 Speed License
- Current Australian Class C drivers license
- Long pants
- Long sleeved cotton shirt
- Enclosed shoes
- Certified motorbike/race car helmet (MOTOCROSS HELMETS ARE NOT SUITABLE)
- 0% blood alcohol

What am I going to get from entering one of these events??
Our events are designed to give you the opportunity to find out more about your car. We have qualified instructors who are there to guide you through what your car is doing and why. If your umming and ahhing about coming out having a go because you've never done anything like it before then don't be scared. With the help of our instructors your confidence will grow rapidly over the night, with this so to will your ability to control your car. This increased ability will aid with your day to day driving.

So what is this going to cost??
For the cost break down refer "Bookings" link on left of forums for pricing. All bookings are taken to become full paying participants therefore NO refunds will be given as booked places can’t be refilled.

$15 - Yearly club membership.
$165 - Full payment for No Limit Car Club Members(early payment)
$185 - Full payment for No Limit Car Club Members(includes LATE PAYMENT FEE)
$180 - Full payment + No Limit Car Club Membership payment.
$200 - Full payment + No Limit Car Club Membership payment. (includes LATE PAYMENT FEE)

Can your mates come down and watch??
Spectators are welcome, the cost for entry is $5 per person. STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL. No Limits is an independent organisation to WASCC therefore your WASCC membership doesn't allow free entry to these events.

What if i get hungry??
Food and Drinks consisting of Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, chips/chocolates and soft drinks will be on sale on the night, Prices start from $1
More details are found --> HERE[/url]

See you up there!!!
Shane

#2 ·
P.S Its also a good chance to check out many other cars. We get every thing from old school corvettes, 997 gt3's, r35's, evos, skylines, falcadores, various BMW's and everything in between.

Last time I was chasing an Audi RS6 around the track. He had me on the straights, but I took great pleasure in sitting right on his ass all through the corners. :biggrin:

#4 ·
Olly: Next event I will be attending is the 27th of January. Come up, have a chat with Jai and the guys. If you get there around 5ish, you can kick back and watch exactly what goes on with scrutineering and the drivers breifing n stuff as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.