Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO: Vent your crank case. Attn: FI members!
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
willy
Grand Touring Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez5 View Post
Thats what we need, the intake/plenum doing the work of evacuating the crankcase of all the blow by gases at all of the rpm range. The plenum (vacuum) at low rpm and the intake at higher rpm ( as more air rushes by the opening it draws the gases through CC. So we don't want air being forced back int the CC at any time , hence my reasoning for the check valve between the CC and the intake.)
I'm hoping the CC will be efficient at this point and doing it's job not letting any oily contaminates into our intakes and IC.
That is exactly what is happening with my set up... I have 2 more check valves sitting in my floor, but there should be no reason to put another one in... the turbo intake doesn't "boost" so to speak, it cannot force pressure back into the crankcase like the plenum can, so there's not need for a check valve on it...
I know it's confusing, I will try to draw separate diagrams for airflow under idle (plenum vacuum) and airflow under boost (turbo intake vacuum)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver (65k miles): APS Intercooled TT, Built Motor, Arias, Eagle, HKS, UTEC, Deutschworks, Wilwood BBK, MB Weapons, Nito NT 555RII, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, KW Variant 3 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Cusco control arms, Authentic JDM Spec Nismo V2 body kit, Z Speed, Quiafe, HID, AIT R1 Hood, HKS EVC, HKS Hi Flow, custom 3" TD exhaust, APS 3.5" down pipes, GReddy, Defi, AEM

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome