Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums - View Single Post - Favre to play for Minnesota
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
smoothz
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
It appears that Brett Favre's marriage with Minnesota will end in divorce before he ever said "I do."

Vikings coach Brad Childress is calling his players to inform them that Favre will stay retired.

"I just got off the phone with Brad, and Brett said he's staying retired," Vikings defensive end Jared Allen told FOXSports.com Tuesday. "He said he couldn't deal with the daily grind. He said he felt like he let us down before it got started.

"You know what, we were never really sure he was coming anyway, so we've always backed up Tarvaris (Jackson) and Sage (Rosenfels). We feel we can win with the guys we have here. I'm glad it's over."

Favre had called Childress on Tuesday to inform him of his decision.

"It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division," Childress said in a statement. "That does not detract from the team that we have. ... We feel good about our team and they have put forth a tremendous effort this offseason preparing for the season ahead."

Several players have grown tired of waiting for Favre's decision, especially as there were signs last week that Favre was having second thoughts of coming out of retirement.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome