Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

06+ Bose into 03-05 Bose Console

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Audio Express 
#1 ·
Do all 06+ head units play MP3's ?

I understand there is some work to get it to fit into a Pre 06 dash, but will it replace my BOSE head unit?

From what I have been able to see the plugs LOOK the same.

Much thanks in advance!

#2 ·
No responses... WOW.

Okay to answer my own question. MP3 capable factory stereo's say MP3 right on the front of them.

If you have a pre 03- Bose unit like I did you must get a BOSE 06+ unit.

The factory brackets all work, But you do have to do a little grinding/ filing to your faceplate to make it fit. Also the head unit it BLACK not gray.

All in all a GREAT Mod. I think it sounds way better than the POS 03- Bose unit I had, I don't lose my NAV voice and can now play MP3/WMA files.

As a bonus the 06+ head units have the option to turn the autopiliot OFF.

#7 ·
I have been thinking about an 06 head unit for my 05 as well. Very good info, but the console change might not be so hot.
I've got a friend who has the Nav in an 07, and it's always out, you can't hide it. He hates that. I keep mine closed and put away most of the time actually.
You can only use Nav a few times between work and home without it driving you nuts.

#8 ·
QUOTE (SERX93 @ Feb 25 2008, 01:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=497695
thats awesome....good job. Now I wonder what all it would take to put an 06 console in my 05....Want real cupholders!!!!!
What are you talking about, I don't have cup holders in my 06, least not "real" cup holders. There is the psudo cup holder that is really a cubby compartment with the sliding top door.

#9 ·
QUOTE (e3xwfj @ Mar 12 2008, 02:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=506033
I have been thinking about an 06 head unit for my 05 as well. Very good info, but the console change might not be so hot.
I've got a friend who has the Nav in an 07, and it's always out, you can't hide it. He hates that. I keep mine closed and put away most of the time actually.
You can only use Nav a few times between work and home without it driving you nuts.
At night it's closed as it's too bright even on the NIGHT setting. During the day it doesn't bother me. I just wish it had a CLOCK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.