Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Tire Pressure light

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Chi-townZ 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 350z and my tire pressure dropped below 28lbs, the dash light came on and busser sounded. I added air to the tire but the light has not gone out. Will it reset itself?

#2 ·
I have a 2003 350z and my tire pressure dropped below 28lbs, the dash light came on and busser sounded. I added air to the tire but the light has not gone out. Will it reset itself?
Yes. Turn it off and back on - or simply wait. When the tire pressure is correct - it will (eventually) stop beeping / pissing you off.

#6 ·
I just bought a 05 350z with aftermarket wheels. My low tire light is on and also the little pressure guage in the center of the car is reading to just flat line and blinking. How can I fix that?

Sounds like you don't have any sensors installed in the wheels.

Thanks guys it finally went off.
no problem, :shiftdrive:

#8 ·
Most likely I dont have the sensors on the wheels, What if I dont have the sensors. The car was bought with the wheels on it. Is there another way of getting around this?
I don't have the sensors on my aftermarket wheels. The light comes on if I take the car on long trips, but it is usually off. Try unplugging the batter for a few minutes to see if that resets it.

#10 ·
I've got the same issue...I replaced the stock wheels/tires with 19" Junction Produce Scara's (no TPS installed) and if I drive it on long trips the Low TP light comes on...but, it clears after I turn the car off. Kinda annoying but definatley not a big deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.