LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Upgrading to brembo question?

so i have an 03 with non brembos and am looking at upgrading to a set of oem brembos. i know there is some minor cutting of the heat/dust shield but what i would like to know is.. since there a bigger calliper and have more pistons then my stock non brembos then they will require more fluid to be pushed to them.
will my stock master cylinder be fine or will i get a low peddle and be advised to up grade my master as well?

if you didnt get that heres another way of putting it is the master in an non brembo Z the same as Z with brembos ?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nooooo!! I don't like the OEM brembos…infact, I don't like brembo at all...

Go with another kit…unless you're getting a KILLER deal on the OEM brembo…

look into AP Racing, Project Mu, Rotora or Stoptech...

Your def need more brake fluid, especially after you bleed your system after the install. I am fairly sure the masters are the same - but not sure. I have the AP Racing Kit, 4piston in each corner and I kept my OEM master bc the it wasnt required to swap it out and I have had no issues thus far...

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
#3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There's nothing wrong with the stock Brembos. People just don't like them because they're OEM, and OEM ain't cool. I have a Track model, and on an actual track, they perform just as well as aftermarket BBK's with similar rotor diameters. Going to a kit with larger rotors gets you better cooling and lowers the risk of fading, but it won't improve stopping distance.

-Ronin Z

"If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas." -John Scalzi
Vi veri universum vivus vici

#4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to [cerberus]
I did the conversion from OEM, to OEM Brembo, and it works just fine in my car. I know they increased the size of the base model bakes for that year, but I think the master cylinder is the same from the previous base models.

I have a thread on here showing my install.

Matt

Momentum Single Turbo 370whp & 360ftlbs
#5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Z View Post
People just don't like them because they're OEM, and OEM ain't cool...
I am sure some people have this opinion…I lost all respect for brembo because they slapped the same set of 4 piston fronts / 2 piston rears on every car manufacture known to man…in my mind they are played out…just my opinion…

with that being said I have dual 4 piston / single piston brembos on my bike…but both are italian…hallpass...

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
#6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Touring Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlasiter View Post
so i have an 03 with non brembos and am looking at upgrading to a set of oem brembos. i know there is some minor cutting of the heat/dust shield but what i would like to know is.. since there a bigger calliper and have more pistons then my stock non brembos then they will require more fluid to be pushed to them.
will my stock master cylinder be fine or will i get a low peddle and be advised to up grade my master as well?

if you didnt get that heres another way of putting it is the master in an non brembo Z the same as Z with brembos ?

Thanks in advance
To answer your original question, the master cylinders are identical.

Karl
2005 Enthusiast 6MT
#7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
thanks for all the input yeah im not building a a crazy hp car or any thing only reasone i want oem brembos is cause they look better then the non brembos (stock) and looking at pricing i can get a used set for 800-1000 with others were up to 2500 and im just not at that point to spend $2500 on brakes for a lightly modded Z. maybe if i built the motor and or turboed it then yes i could justify the cost but just looking to make it a bit cleaner that all and no matter how played out brembos are there gonna look better then what i have now lol
#8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to [cerberus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
I am sure some people have this opinion…I lost all respect for brembo because they slapped the same set of 4 piston fronts / 2 piston rears on every car manufacture known to man…in my mind they are played out…just my opinion…

with that being said I have dual 4 piston / single piston brembos on my bike…but both are italian…hallpass...

So because a company, who has a strong reputation, put a better caliper on many cars is now played?

So played makes parts suck? Does that mean volks now suck because they are on every car known to man. That would make them played no?

It is nice to know you lost all respect for a quality brake manufacturer because they decided to go out and make some money. They are a business and all.

Matt

Momentum Single Turbo 370whp & 360ftlbs
#9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [cerberus] View Post
So because a company, who has a strong reputation, put a better caliper on many cars is now played?

So played makes parts suck? Does that mean volks now suck because they are on every car known to man. That would make them played no?

It is nice to know you lost all respect for a quality brake manufacturer because they decided to go out and make some money. They are a business and all.
I think nissan back in 2005 used a campaign slogan for the altima to the tune of '…blend out'

I lost respect for them because they lost their exclusivity when they saturated the market…good for them - I bet they are making millions...

'03 Z33
'71 S30
'04 Triton 5.4
#10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
are the G35 oem brembos the same as the 350z (same holes and size) direct bolt on?(minus rear heat shield and bolts)
and when going from non brembos to brembos do i need different brake hoses ?

Last edited by jlasiter; 01-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement