Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Upgrading to brembo question?

20K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  jlasiter 
#1 ·
so i have an 03 with non brembos and am looking at upgrading to a set of oem brembos. i know there is some minor cutting of the heat/dust shield but what i would like to know is.. since there a bigger calliper and have more pistons then my stock non brembos then they will require more fluid to be pushed to them.
will my stock master cylinder be fine or will i get a low peddle and be advised to up grade my master as well?

if you didnt get that heres another way of putting it is the master in an non brembo Z the same as Z with brembos ?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Nooooo!! I don't like the OEM brembos…infact, I don't like brembo at all...

Go with another kit…unless you're getting a KILLER deal on the OEM brembo…

look into AP Racing, Project Mu, Rotora or Stoptech...

Your def need more brake fluid, especially after you bleed your system after the install. I am fairly sure the masters are the same - but not sure. I have the AP Racing Kit, 4piston in each corner and I kept my OEM master bc the it wasnt required to swap it out and I have had no issues thus far...

#3 ·
There's nothing wrong with the stock Brembos. People just don't like them because they're OEM, and OEM ain't cool. I have a Track model, and on an actual track, they perform just as well as aftermarket BBK's with similar rotor diameters. Going to a kit with larger rotors gets you better cooling and lowers the risk of fading, but it won't improve stopping distance.

-Ronin Z

#5 ·
People just don't like them because they're OEM, and OEM ain't cool...
I am sure some people have this opinion…I lost all respect for brembo because they slapped the same set of 4 piston fronts / 2 piston rears on every car manufacture known to man…in my mind they are played out…just my opinion…

with that being said I have dual 4 piston / single piston brembos on my bike…but both are italian…hallpass...

#4 ·
I did the conversion from OEM, to OEM Brembo, and it works just fine in my car. I know they increased the size of the base model bakes for that year, but I think the master cylinder is the same from the previous base models.

I have a thread on here showing my install.

#6 ·
so i have an 03 with non brembos and am looking at upgrading to a set of oem brembos. i know there is some minor cutting of the heat/dust shield but what i would like to know is.. since there a bigger calliper and have more pistons then my stock non brembos then they will require more fluid to be pushed to them.
will my stock master cylinder be fine or will i get a low peddle and be advised to up grade my master as well?

if you didnt get that heres another way of putting it is the master in an non brembo Z the same as Z with brembos ?

Thanks in advance
To answer your original question, the master cylinders are identical.

#7 ·
thanks for all the input yeah im not building a a crazy hp car or any thing only reasone i want oem brembos is cause they look better then the non brembos (stock) and looking at pricing i can get a used set for 800-1000 with others were up to 2500 and im just not at that point to spend $2500 on brakes for a lightly modded Z. maybe if i built the motor and or turboed it then yes i could justify the cost but just looking to make it a bit cleaner that all and no matter how played out brembos are there gonna look better then what i have now lol

#12 ·
are the G35 oem brembos the same as the 350z (same holes and size) direct bolt one?
and when going from non brembos to brembos do i need different brake hoses ?
Yes the the G35 and 350Z Brembos are the same. No you don't need different brake lines, since it's the same P/N for both models. But... since you're already down there, you might want to think about slapping on a set of sweet aftermarket SS lines.

It should be the quality of the part that matters, not how many they have sold. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but IMHO that "played out" argument is kind of lame.
+1
Gonna have to agree with that.

-Ronin Z

#11 ·
It should be the quality of the part that matters, not how many they have sold. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but IMHO that "played out" argument is kind of lame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.