User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok so ive had my powerlab spacer sitting around in my house for like 3 weeks now and i really want to install it. well last weekend i went to a friend of mines to put it on. We were trying to get the bolts of the strut bar and we got about 1 off on each side and then it just wasnt happening. soooo i called powerlab and they said i have to loosing the actual bar. does that mean i have to raise it up all the way, or lower it all the way???? closer to the plenum or hood to take the pressure off the bolt? even after i did that i still couldnt get them off because the damn bolts looked like balled up tin foil they were so stripped....an advice on how to get these off? what will i need so i'll have an idea when i go to home depot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to serx93 Send a message via Yahoo to serx93
QUOTE (mercury9180 @ Jul 3 2008, 03:03 PM)
Quote:
Ok so ive had my powerlab spacer sitting around in my house for like 3 weeks now and i really want to install it. well last weekend i went to a friend of mines to put it on. We were trying to get the bolts of the strut bar and we got about 1 off on each side and then it just wasnt happening. soooo i called powerlab and they said i have to loosing the actual bar. does that mean i have to raise it up all the way, or lower it all the way???? closer to the plenum or hood to take the pressure off the bolt? even after i did that i still couldnt get them off because the damn bolts looked like balled up tin foil they were so stripped....an advice on how to get these off? what will i need so i'll have an idea when i go to home depot?
Here is a link to the Pure Innovations install procedures. Click on the download PDF file and it explains how on the 3rd page. Hope this helps.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"
#3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (SERX93 @ Jul 3 2008, 06:03 PM)
Quote:
Here is a link to the Pure Innovations install procedures. Click on the download PDF file and it explains how on the 3rd page. Hope this helps.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0
hey i tried clickin on the pdf and the page is no longer available. thanks for the help tho..is there anyone else that knows if u have to raise or lower the bar to be able to loosing the bolts?
#4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Enthusiast Member

That link worked for me. You have to loosen the center bolt on the bar by turning it away from you (660 deg) if you are standing in front of the car. Thats what I got from it.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to etraxx Send a message via Yahoo to etraxx
QUOTE (Zman636 @ Jul 3 2008, 10:13 PM)
Quote:
That link worked for me. You have to loosen the center bolt on the bar by turning it away from you (660 deg) if you are standing in front of the car. Thats what I got from it.
+1 on the link working. Here's a direct link to the pdf

http://www.pure-engineering.com/drupal/fil...tion_Manual.pdf

Socrates: "I drank .. wat?"
my Blog: etraxx.coml

- a Klansman is a Nazi in sheets clothing -
#6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Grand Touring Member

Send a message via AIM to i8acobra
First, yes you need to shorten the bar by turning the nut at the end. Just write down how much you loosened it so you can put it back. Second, how did you strip the bolt heads? You're using a 14mm 6-point socket, right (and not some SAE size or pliers)?

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
'87 Nissan Hardbody - The "Mud Mobile" (454,000 miles and still counting)
#7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (i8acobra @ Jul 4 2008, 10:01 AM)
Quote:
First, yes you need to shorten the bar by turning the nut at the end. Just write down how much you loosened it so you can put it back. Second, how did you strip the bolt heads? You're using a 14mm 6-point socket, right (and not some SAE size or pliers)?
the first time i tried it i didnt know u had to shorted the bar....yes i know im dumb..... and those bolt heads are really soft, even with a 14 mm they were stripping really bad. so now even after i shortened the bar i cant get a good grip on the bolts enough to even torque them at all. so i just wanted to make sure that shortening it was the right way to do it. now i think the only solution for me to get those bolts out is to tap and drill them out. and i would never use pliers to take a bolt off i made that mistake many years ago with my first car...haha! never again! thanks alot everyone! and the link did end up working for me, it must have been my comp, i had a bad wireless connection that night.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Grand Touring Member

Go to your local Sears and pick up this set, or one similar. make sure the set you get has a 14mm:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P

Then, go to Ace Hardware and pick up (6) 10mm x 1.5 pitch x 20mm long flange bolts ($1.75 each) and (2) 10mm x 1.5 pitch flange nuts (about $.45 each). Much cheaper than buying hardware from Nissan.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
#9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Base Member

(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (i8acobra @ Jul 5 2008, 10:10 AM)
Quote:
Go to your local Sears and pick up this set, or one similar. make sure the set you get has a 14mm:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P

Then, go to Ace Hardware and pick up (6) 10mm x 1.5 pitch x 20mm long flange bolts ($1.75 each) and (2) 10mm x 1.5 pitch flange nuts (about $.45 each). Much cheaper than buying hardware from Nissan.
u know i actually have those and i stripped it beyond the use of those....its sad but true. thanks for the dimensions for the bolts i need cuz i def need to get some. but does anyone have any tips for drillin out a bolt? ive never done it b4....
#10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Grand Touring Member

QUOTE (mercury9180 @ Jul 5 2008, 08:08 AM)
Quote:
u know i actually have those and i stripped it beyond the use of those....its sad but true.
Not possible. If the 14mm won't do it, pound the 13mm on with a hammer. I've never not been able to use mine.

Aaron B.
'08 Mustang GT/CS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement