Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Programming Keyless Entry

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nceb 
#1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased my first 350z. It is a 2004 base model.
I purchased a keyless entry fob from ebay.
The FCC ID is KBRASTU15
The Model Number is ASTU15
I have seen multiple videos and read the same steps over and over.
I get in the car, lock the doors from the drivers side door and insert the key (usually over 30 times each try) but the car will never enter programming mode.
I have done a lot of reading and I am unsure of which fuse box would contain the fuse for the keyless entry. (I have checked both in the engine and the one in the interior)
I was reading somewhere that if your alarm light stays solid when locking the door from the exterior manually with the key there might be something wrong...does anyone have any advice as I have no idea what to try next?

Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Matching the Transmitter to the Vehicle

Hi Drew Archer,

From the Haynes Manual guide:
1. Sit in the driver's seat
2. Close all the doors
3. Place the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and pull it back out.
4. Do this at least 7 times, WITHIN a 10 second period.
5. the Hazard flasher lights should blink twice.
note: the key must be inserted and removed completely each time. Also, if this is done too fast, it won't work
6. Install the key again, and turn it to the ACCESSORY position
7. Push one of the buttons on the remote; the hazard flasher lights will blink twice again
note: the old code is now erased and the new one programmed in. If you need to program another remote, proceed to the next step

8. Have ready the next remote transmitter. Push the driver's door Unlock button.
9. Then press the Lock button
10. Now push any button the remote; the hazard flasher lights will blink twice. THe old code is now erased from this remote, and the new one is programmed in.
11. Repeat steps 8 to 10

12. To exit the programming mode, OPEN the Driver's door.

Try this out and let me know if it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.