User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Help! Low Brake Pedal

I recently upgraded the brakes on my 06 base model Z to track brembos and am having trouble getting any proper brake pedal feel. I installed the track brembos which I rebuilt, SS lines, and Hawk HPS pads with brand new rotors. I unfortunately did end up allowing the master cylinder to bleed almost dry. After having trouble getting what I first thought was air out of the system even using the Motive power bleeder I ended up taking the car to the dealer where the master cylinder was bench bled and then everything else was bled.
Now the problem is that the brake pedal is still not right. When I press the pedal it seems to barely do anything for the majority of the pedal travel and then only starts to really bite and stop the car near the bottom of the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea as to what the problem could be at this point? I am currently planning on taking the car back to the Nissan dealer who seems sure there isn't air left in the system on Monday. Could it be related to the Hawk HPS pads? Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place I am still figuring the form out.

Last edited by Lumpy350z; 11-25-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Lumpy- no need for any more advise since we've discussed this on the other board. Where are you located in Colorado? If you're in the front range area, I may be able to help more directly if you bring your car to my garage. PM or reply here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement