User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Newbie looking for winter tires?

Hey guys! New to the forum and relatively new owner of the 350Z. I just bought an exhaust but am also in need of snow tires for the winter here. I was looking and came across a set of Velox Apex wheels and I'm wondering if it will work. The specs are 18 X8 5-114.3 40 with tire sizes of 235/55R18. Would this work for my car?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Welcome- but your post is a bit confusing. The title says you're looking for winter tires, but your post asks for advice on wheels? If it's wheels, what model of Z (and more specifically, the brake package) matters, as the wheels you select will need to provide adequate caliper clearance. The specs you mention here, don't specifically list an offset, but if it's +40, they likely won't fit any Z.

Also, depending on where you live, the snow build up on a 55-series tire could create problems due to the overall circumference. I'd suggest sticking with something like a 225/45R18 instead.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I was looking for a goldilocks kind of situation on craigslist for a winter tire/wheel setup for the winter. I have come across a couple posts that list things such as a 235/55r18 with blizzak tires and a +40 offset or a 235/60r17 with yokohama snow tires. Not sure what the offset is on the latter. Both of these would be square setups. I currently have stock 17 inch rims with all season tires.

My main concern is what my offset limits should be. I don't mind being raised off the ground a little more but I just don't want any damage to the car. It doesn't need to be an optimal setup but just something to survive winter.

I have an 04 Touring and everything is stock to my knowledge.

Last edited by Flu1d; 11-13-2016 at 07:56 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Another important detail to check when selecting wheels FS: besides bolt pattern, have you checked the center hub bore diameter? Z33s use a 66.1 mm hub ring that helps transfer loads. Wheels from CL may be a good deal, but the buyer must know what they are buying to prevent damage to their car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement