Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Permanent solution to tire feathering.

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dkmura 
#1 ·
Newbie to 350Z. I just picked up a 2003 350z 26k that has tire feathering issue. I was not aware of this problem with Z cars. Is there a permanent solution to tire feathering? Its my understanding there was or still an active class action lawsuit. I also have a clunk sound when braking. I checked on line and saw something about replacing control arm bushings. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Not aware of any current class action lawsuit on 350Z tire feathering. As for the clunking sound while braking, it could be due to a variety of reasons. Have you checked out the condition of the dampers? Is the front swaybar hooked up properly? Get the Z in the air and report back on what you see/find.

#3 ·
I had my brother in law who is a mechanic check out the car on the lift when I bought it and didn't see anything obvious. The noise was there when I bought it but thought it was sitting for a while so maybe brake related. I will have him put it back on the rack and check it out. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.