Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

need help from suspension gurus.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  samsniss350z 
#1 ·
Hello. I recently lowered my z about 3 inches or so. I also did kinetix upper arms( I cut the inside fender and welded in patches to create plenty of clearance) and rear camber arms and spring bucket delete arms (toe arms). Everything looks like it has plenty of clearance but when I hit a bump there's a hard bang coming from the front end. I thought I read somewhere that something needed to be removed when going this low but can't remember what. Is it the steering stops hitting the tie rod ends or something? That's the only point that looks like it could hit.

See less See more
#2 ·
Suspension gurus you don't need. By lowering the car that much, there's very little suspension travel left. Either the front spindles are at their limits and are binding with the upper or lower arms, or the steering rack arms are hitting the unibody. If the latter were true, I'd expect the arms to bend quickly. But either way, once a solid stop is hit, the spring rate on the front goes infinite and the car can slide unpredictably.

Most lowered Zs I've seen are driven for show only...

#3 ·
It was the arm hitting the patch that I welded in. I underestimated how much they had to extend the arms to get my camber within spec. The guys that havnt cut that section out must be getting some crazy slams when they hit bumps because mine are about 2 inches higher than that point when they hit.

Looks like I need to do some more cutting/welding and possibly look into stiffer springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.