User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
#1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Base Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hey. So Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a red performance trimline 350z. I have had it for roughly three months and bought it as a certified used car from Future Nissan.

Here's why Im posting: A few weeks back I went to start my car and it didnt start. The dash and every other electronic worked, but the car just wouldnt start. Only after waiting a little with the key in the ignition on ON did the car start. It doesnt do it all that often but today it did it twice. And it irritated me. I searched around the Internet and found a little help but not much. It discusses a similar starting issue in section 5-7 of the Owners Manual about the chip in our keys getting screwed up. This seems like the most liekely scenario and I will try Nissans procedure later but I wanted to know how common this problem is and especially if anyone here has the same prob.

thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Base Member

Ive read about this on my350z.com....Take her to nissan and have them take a look at it

2004 Nissan 350z RL Performance \ Injen CAI \ Injen Super SES Exhaust \ Helix Test Pipe \ 20% tint \ S2k Antenna...
#3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to zi0matrlx Send a message via MSN to zi0matrlx
I've never had this problem my self, but I'm guessing something messed up with the transponder in the key. (Is that the right term?) Do you work around a lot of electronic interference perhaps? Microwaves? Magnetic waves? MRI's? X-Rays? Maybe those might mess around with it. How about Metal Detectors? Shoplifting Walkthroughs? Lemme know what it is if you do find out-- I'm worried for my 2k3 as well.

Nissan Z's - "The only car you need to get from point A to point Z."
#4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Base Member

Quote:
Hey. So Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a red performance trimline 350z. I have had it for roughly three months and bought it as a certified used car from Future Nissan.

Here's why Im posting: A few weeks back I went to start my car and it didnt start. The dash and every other electronic worked, but the car just wouldnt start. Only after waiting a little with the key in the ignition on ON did the car start. It doesnt do it all that often but today it did it twice. And it irritated me. I searched around the Internet and found a little help but not much. It discusses a similar starting issue in section 5-7 of the Owners Manual about the chip in our keys getting screwed up. This seems like the most liekely scenario and I will try Nissans procedure later but I wanted to know how common this problem is and especially if anyone here has the same prob.

thankyou
In the last month or so I've had the same problem with my '03 Touring. The engine turns over but won't start, like it's flooded. Like yours if I wait 30-60 seconds it then starts. However, it hasn't happened in the last week. It was happening once or twice a week. Don't know what it is, but unless it gets worst, I'm not going to worry about it.

R.I.P. '03 Redline Touring 6 spd pre-order w/ Nismo exhaust, PWT Popcharger, 18" TSW HB Mondellos w/Goodyear F1-DS-G3 tires, Texas Dar Spoiler, Tein "S" Tech springs, Varis CF "B" covers, CF cooling plate, grounding wires, tint, and custom chrome door trim grill
NOW '07 Redline Touring 6 spd w/Nismo exhaust, 19x8/9.5 TSW Cadwells w/Falken 452's, CF lip cover, tint, Stillen type 1 wing and rear diffuser, Veilside side wings
& '07 Murano SL AWD w/Gibson exhaust, JWT popcharger, '07 350Z wheels
#5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Base Member

Send a message via MSN to nismochic
Quote:

thankyou

Ok let me give you the abbreviated version of my scenario... hope you car is still under warranty . The dealer ended up changing my entire NATZ system which is basically your eletrical starting system. Apparently I got an extra key defined as a salesman key that got deprogrammed and was not holding any codes so when i rotated keys ( so happened i got 3) they all got messed up includig the module in the car that stores codes for the keys to work. TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND HAVE THEM CHECK ALL THE KEYS AND YOUR CAR MODULE. That was a nightmare for me I almost sold my car becasue it took them months to figure out what went wrong . It got to the point where the car would not start - I got stranded on the road at a gas station and had to be towed in...good luck

#6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Enthusiast Member

Send a message via AIM to POWERofZ
this happend to me about a week ago... and finally got it to start.. hasnt happen since...
#7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Grand Touring Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Do you keep anything else on the key ring besides the remote fob?

Hotchkis Z1 Motorsports JWT Hawk SSR Crawford
ZeeToyz Valentine Sumitomo Royal Purple Zaino

I like my 350 but I love my 300ZX TT more.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Performance Member

did the car at least turn? that happend 2 me twice as well(mine turned), it also felt like it was being dumped with 2 much fuel, maybe now fuel pump problems are being revealed in Z's, it hasent happend for like 2 months and it happend on 2 seperate days

Visit our website for your aftermarket car parts
www.jbperformance.net
#9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Touring Member

Send a message via MSN to ANXIOUZ Send a message via Yahoo to ANXIOUZ
When I had issues starting the car it was my battery. My 03 battery only lasted like 12k miles and the wiring was a bit loose. After replacing the battery I've been fine although I just noticed my wiring is started to losen up again.

03 SB Track 6MT
...Borla TD Exhaust / JWT Popcharger / Hotchkis Springs & Sways / Titek CF Air Duct / 18" Enkei GTV G'Spec / Hawk HPS / Alpine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement