O2 sensor 2008hr / running lean with intake/exhaust/test pipes - Nissan 350Z Forum, Nissan 370Z Tech Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
O2 sensor 2008hr / running lean with intake/exhaust/test pipes

I've searched quite a bit but i don't have enough baseline information to figure out what i'm looking for, forgive me.

I'm running a full exhaust with test pipes (z1 tp, motordyne xyz, agency power ti single) and a injen cai on my 08 hr z and based on what I've read im a little worried about leaning out too much.

And im throwing a "Service engine soon" cat efficiency code (i forget which one) any help getting rid of this would be appreciated also

From the digging i've done it seems like later model 350z's have wide band o2 sensors? Does that mean that there's an easy way to monitor my a/f? or a simple way to add a gauge? I have no experience with wiring or aftermarket gauges and have a very minimal understanding of how o2 sensors work so forgive me.

Planning on getting a tune soon i'm just not sure where to go because my options here in Wisconsin are very limited and the one shop close to me ive heard a lot of bad things about so i have some more research to do there trying to keep an eye on it until then.

Forgive my ignorance and thanks for any help

Last edited by tannerva; 02-28-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Touring Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
For your needs, UpRev's Osiris tuner and Cipher diagnostic are the tools you require. It'll allow you to monitor air/fuel ratios and figure out how to adjust them. They're not cheap programs, but UpRev is the only one who've cracked Nissan's tuning codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement