Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Motordyne MREV2 & 5/16th spacer

8K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  heattt 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd let those of you who maybe interested know, I will have the MREV2 & 5/16th spacer by Motordyne installed in a day or so. I'm looking forward to the intended results. Currently the only engine related mods I have is a fujita cold air intake and the Tanabe Touring Medallion catback exhaust with Tanabe Y-pipe. "quite a nice exhaust". I own a 06 Z base model manual.

#2 ·
Just thought I'd let those of you who maybe interested know, I will have the MREV2 & 5/16th spacer by Motordyne installed in a day or so. I'm looking forward to the intended results. Currently the only engine related mods I have is a fujita cold air intake and the Tanabe Touring Medallion catback exhaust with Tanabe Y-pipe. "quite a nice exhaust". I own a 06 Z base model manual.
Any thoughts are welcome...
Keep us updated! I'd be very interested in your results. Are you going to get a tune/ECU Reflash?

#7 ·
I had my motordyne parts installed at the local motorsport shop. MREV2 and 5/16th spacer. I live in NO CAL by the way and the folks at motorsport technique do really good work. The install was a breeze for them and I enjoyed watching them do it.
As for gains... YES very noticable!! I especially like the tack moving past 4500 rpm quickly and smoothly. I may have the shop dyno the car before the year is over, the cost is $75.00. Perhaps I'll have a UR crank pulley installed next... I would also consider reflash tuning ECU etc... but it just seems too costly. just not sure, besides the car is running really well thus far, heck they run really well just plain old stock!!!

feedback if you will

#8 ·
Congratz on your purchase. I too recently ordered a Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer and Motordyne MREV2 for my 06' Z. That would be my first mod to my Z apart from the grounding kit which I've alrady installed a couple of months ago. Anyway, I have a question, perhaps Toykilla can help answer. Do I need to reflash/ reset my ECU after installing the Spacer and MREV2? My car is completely bone stock.

Oh any Merry X'mas guys. :cheers:

#9 ·
Congratz on your purchase. I too recently ordered a Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer and Motordyne MREV2 for my 06' Z. That would be my first mod to my Z apart from the grounding kit which I've alrady installed a couple of months ago. Anyway, I have a question, perhaps Toykilla can help answer. Do I need to reflash/ reset my ECU after installing the Spacer and MREV2? My car is completely bone stock.

Oh any Merry X'mas guys. :cheers
Thanks... I once ran across a thread a couple of months ago describing perhaps how to reset the ECU, it might have been a wiki tutorial. Not sure though. If you have,nt installed the motodyne parts yet you will experience a real difference!!
I too am interested in reflashing my ECU. I have CAI, Catback exhaust and of course the motordyne mrev2, 5/16 spacer.

I also read info regarding ECU reflash may not be necessary particularly with bolt on mods because as I understand... it's pretty costly and some were dissapointed with results. What about the apexi SAFC II??? I would certainly like more information on this.

"Merry new year"

#10 ·

Oh any Merry X'mas guys. :cheers:
You won't need a reflash unless you also stack up several mods like exhaust, test pipes and headers.
But a ECU reset certaintly won't hurt.

Happy New Year!

#11 ·
I had my motordyne parts installed at the local motorsport shop. MREV2 and 5/16th spacer. I live in NO CAL by the way and the folks at motorsport technique do really good work. The install was a breeze for them and I enjoyed watching them do it.
As for gains... YES very noticable!! I especially like the tack moving past 4500 rpm quickly and smoothly. I may have the shop dyno the car before the year is over, the cost is $75.00. Perhaps I'll have a UR crank pulley installed next... I would also consider reflash tuning ECU etc... but it just seems too costly. just not sure, besides the car is running really well thus far, heck they run really well just plain old stock!!!

feedback if you will
Congratulations on your results!

Where did you have it installed?

#16 ·
I'd really like to hear what you think of your mod when you get it done. I've been thinking real hard about doing the same. Also been looking at the Kinetix intake, but I am leaning towards the MREV 2 & spacer.
The motordyne mrev2 is design specifically for the rev up motor... that is 2006 Z or I believe 2005 as well. The kenetix intake manifold is around $800.00+ dollars last time i checked but may not at all rendered any gains what so ever and I would stay away from the kenetix plenum. The motordyne stuff is on sale right now. Check out their website. "MREV2 & 5/16th spacer!!

motordyneengineering.com

#17 ·
The motordyne mrev2 is design specifically for the rev up motor... that is 2006 Z or I believe 2005 as well. The kenetix intake manifold is around $800.00+ dollars last time i checked but may not at all rendered any gains what so ever and I would stay away from the kenetix plenum. The motordyne stuff is on sale right now. Check out their website. "MREV2 & 5/16th spacer!!

motordyneengineering.com

FYI
RevUp engine was first installed in the Anniversary Edition 2005

#19 ·
Wohoo my Motordyne 5/16 Iso Thermal Spacer and Motordyne MREV2 just arrived today!!!! :biggrin: Will collect them at my local post office tomorrow morning! Hopefully I can find a decent mortoshop around my area to install them for me over the weekend. Its been a long wait for me... hope its all worth it.

#20 ·
i like what i'm hearing about motordyne's spacer, but does anyone know anything about the spacer from skunk 2?

Last I read the skunk 2 will most likely cause you to need to remove your strut tower bar (not enough clearance) and does not include a gasket for the plenum. I believe they recommend you use RTV (gasket maker/ sealant) to seal the upper plenum to the spacer :headshake: I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle. Why not go here http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...c=18520&hl= and check this one out!

#22 ·
Well I installed my Spacer and MREV2 today. Took around an hour for my local workshop to install it and they charged me USD$30.00 for the install. My car does feel a lot lighter now at low RPMs and WOT past 4k is just amazing!! I'm glad I bought it during Christmas sale.... happy me... :biggrin: thank you Motordyne... :cheers:

#25 ·
I got mine from www.partshippers.com during a Christmas Sale. Got my 5/16" Spacer for $235.00 and MREV2 for $385.00

I think there's still a group buy going on here: http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/GROUP-BUY-...PED-t18520.html

Yes the MREV2 is for the REV-up engine... though some say it'll improve performance for the normal engine as well. I'm not really sure about that though... maybe 2 or 3 hp?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.