Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

New GT-R and G35

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dave 
#1 ·
Preview: Nissan GT-R

"Power will come from a 3.7-liter version of Nissan's VQ powerplant. A pair of turbochargers will help it produce about 450 bhp and 360 lb.-ft. of torque. Because longtime fans of the GT-R are accustomed to more output via aftermarket tuning, Nissan has seemingly left some room on the table for buyers wanting to increase the power of their GT-Rs.

Stock boost pressure will be limited to about 10 psi, but we hear that the engine is capable of handling a lot more. A tamer version of this V-6, codenamed VQ37HR-TT, will make its way into the upcoming Infiniti G35 Coupe."

#2 ·
I thought it was just an HR in the G?...they don't say anyhting about TT on the comercials?...they do say AWD though, I am interested in that...

#3 ·
I thought it was just an HR in the G?...they don't say anyhting about TT on the comercials?...they do say AWD though, I am interested in that...
The G Sedan gets the HR. The G Coupe has yet to be unveiled.

That article seems like a collage of speculation that has gone on for the past year. Nothing new or even concrete.

#4 ·
The G Sedan gets the HR. The G Coupe has yet to be unveiled.

That article seems like a collage of speculation that has gone on for the past year. Nothing new or even concrete.
I don't know much about the G's at all...but what one is AWD? Is that the sedan?

#6 ·
I guess if it actually happens that way, it's an obvious push to get more movement toward Infiniti. Unless you feel that the 350 will be changed at the same time (perhaps a track version with the 3.7HR TT)?

#7 ·
Yeah, I just hope that the G coupe and the Z get a TT from the factory, that would be awesome. Not like I could afford one (especially with the insurance), but they would be a couple of freakin sweet cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.