Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Replacement rv mirror

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  tinmansz 
#1 ·
A friend has a base G without a auto dimming mirror. I think it's a 03, but maybe a bit older. At any rate we're trying to replave that mirror with aOEM version with dimming, tem and compass. But we cannot get the old one off. We've been told to do the small screwdriver inserted in the slot etc. and pull up stuff, but it doesn't seem to work. The mirror will not budge. My Pathy mirror looks the same with the tapered wedge shape in the windshield. Tried that as well, but no luck.

Any ideas? I have looked everywhere on the net it seems

#2 ·
Mine has gotten stuck before. once you remove the Torx screw and the plastic piece over the wiring (between headliner and mirror stalk) just hit the stalk of the mirror on the bottom in the direction of the windshield and it'll slide right off. Don't hesitate, its pretty solid

#5 ·
I recently installed a new rear view mirror in my Z. The old mirror had a hard to see clip for a lack of a better word.

I had to slip a small screw drive in the bottom of the mirror bracet, pry down gently and slide the mirror up off the mounting bracket glued to the windshied.

[attachment=18687:DSC00048.jpg]

Sorry pictures a little blurey, but I think you can see what I'm talking about. Don't know if its the same but I hope this helps.

Attachments

#6 ·
I recently installed a new rear view mirror in my Z. The old mirror had a hard to see clip for a lack of a better word.

I had to slip a small screw drive in the bottom of the mirror bracet, pry down gently and slide the mirror up off the mounting bracket glued to the windshied.
[attachment=18687:DSC00048.jpg]
Sorry pictures a little blurey, but I think you can see what I'm talking about. Don't know if its the same but I hope this helps.
Ain't that a bitch. I figured all of them had the screw securing them. Tinman, how are you liking the Autodim and Homelink??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.