Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

2007 G35 sedan

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Skeptik 
#1 ·
I can't wait to ge tunder the hood of one. I really love the paddle shifters, of course the 3.7 liter engine make me pitch a tent...

One interesting fact is they have integrated the HICAS into the RWD sedan. Still no HICAS for the AWD car. I'll buy one when they do, and then my '05 will get stripped down and become a dedicated track car. I can't wait. I will pull an easy 400 lbs of weight out, and will have to do something to get the 47-53% distribution back...

I should have 600+ whp in a car weighing less than 3000 lbs, AWD so no smoke on the drag track...

Anyone have opinions on the look? I like the front, hate the back. Looks like a lincoln with that silly lip. The local dealer is busy putting a Stillen SC into a 6MT, if anyone's interested...

jb

#5 ·
paddle shifters???
Yeah, the A/T has paddle shifters mounted on the steering column. They are large enough and placed well enough that you can reach out a finger and shift up or down, but out of reach for accidental bumping. I did not get to drive it, and neither had anyone else at the dealership. Nobody knew how it worked exactly, in terms of taking over the shifting and giving it back to the A/T. next time I go there, I will bring my camera and take some pics.

jb

#6 ·
Yeah, the A/T has paddle shifters mounted on the steering column. They are large enough and placed well enough that you can reach out a finger and shift up or down, but out of reach for accidental bumping. I did not get to drive it, and neither had anyone else at the dealership. Nobody knew how it worked exactly, in terms of taking over the shifting and giving it back to the A/T. next time I go there, I will bring my camera and take some pics.

jb
Will the A/T Coupe have paddle shifters?

#10 ·
Will the A/T Coupe have paddle shifters?
the 07 coupe doesnt have the HR till 08 model, it was only the sedan that got the changes, not sure if 03-06 had it on the coupe but it should just be the same for 07

and think about what u said, six months ago there was no release of information on the engine other then some leaks so unless he was developing the car he didnt have any info on the new engine

#11 ·
I can't wait to ge tunder the hood of one. I really love the paddle shifters, of course the 3.7 liter engine make me pitch a tent...

One interesting fact is they have integrated the HICAS into the RWD sedan. Still no HICAS for the AWD car. I'll buy one when they do, and then my '05 will get stripped down and become a dedicated track car. I can't wait. I will pull an easy 400 lbs of weight out, and will have to do something to get the 47-53% distribution back...

I should have 600+ whp in a car weighing less than 3000 lbs, AWD so no smoke on the drag track...

Anyone have opinions on the look? I like the front, hate the back. Looks like a lincoln with that silly lip. The local dealer is busy putting a Stillen SC into a 6MT, if anyone's interested...

jb
Please watch this video and get your facts straight.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/PopUp...deoID=20100486/

#16 ·
I saw my first 07 sedan last week. It was black... parked at the post office when I was going in, so I was able to walk right up to it. I am very impressed with the overall body changes. The new body style looks much better. Standing next to it, it's hard to believe it only costs 30k or so. I definately wouldn't mind driving one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.