Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

New G Coupe Concept

9K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Ninja350Z 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I don't like the front bumper or the side mirrors. Other than that, not bad. I still :wub: my Z because I'm still happy I got one. The honeymoon ain't over yet.

#5 ·
Nice changes, smoothing things out ..... wonder what the drivetrain would be and weight?

#11 ·
Pretty cool.... but, I'm not too thrilled about the rear end

Is this a G35 or something new?
This is the next gen G35 concept. Typically concept cars are used to capture attention. The final version will be a little less "exotic". However, it will look VERY similar to what we see in these picture. From speculation recently, it will be a G45 with a 4.5L v8 engine. The rumors were suggesting a 450Z, but I guess Nissan chose to unveil the Infiniti version first. The G sedan concept is expected to be shown in April, and no news on the Z yet. This is Nissan's big year:

GTR concept
G Coupe concept
G sedan concept coming soon
Z Concept ??

I think the big question is what is the next powerplant in these cars? The vq35 has been around for awhile now, and the 3.5L is tapped out unless there are Turbo variants. From reading, the 4.5L v8 engine is not much heavier than the 3.5 v6, and the difference in weight could easily be removed elsewhere with a new chassis (also rumored to be in work for the GTR). Considering all of the rumors, it suggests a new lightweight platform is being designed for the GTR, and to offset costs, it will be used on these other vehicles as well.

#13 ·
This is the next gen G35 concept. Typically concept cars are used to capture attention. The final version will be a little less "exotic". However, it will look VERY similar to what we see in these picture. From speculation recently, it will be a G45 with a 4.5L v8 engine. The rumors were suggesting a 450Z, but I guess Nissan chose to unveil the Infiniti version first. The G sedan concept is expected to be shown in April, and no news on the Z yet. This is Nissan's big year:

GTR concept
G Coupe concept
G sedan concept coming soon
Z Concept ??

I think the big question is what is the next powerplant in these cars? The vq35 has been around for awhile now, and the 3.5L is tapped out unless there are Turbo variants. From reading, the 4.5L v8 engine is not much heavier than the 3.5 v6, and the difference in weight could easily be removed elsewhere with a new chassis (also rumored to be in work for the GTR). Considering all of the rumors, it suggests a new lightweight platform is being designed for the GTR, and to offset costs, it will be used on these other vehicles as well.
Wow, that's some of the best news I've ever heard from Nissan! I'm really excited about all of their new cars and technology coming out. Rock on Nissan! :yourock:

As for the concept, I'd rather keep the taillights it has and I wish they would open up the front bumper like the Z's instead of the current design. Other than that, run with it! Make that thing powerful, light, fun and luxurious! :shiftdrive:

#18 ·
Infiniti today unveiled a dramatic new concept vehicle, the Infiniti Coupe Concept, at the 2006 North American International Auto Show. Infiniti also showed the new 2006 FX luxury crossover SUV, which has been refined with exterior and interior enhancements and greater differentiation between the V8-powered FX45 and V6-equipped FX35 models.

The Coupe Concept continues the Infiniti tradition of merging design and performance. It takes Infiniti’s vibrant design vocabulary, which has helped establish Infiniti as one of the most dynamic brands in the luxury market, and elevates it to the next level.

Among the Coupe Concept’s exterior design features are a full-length glass panel roof, modulated front fenders and hood, deep front spoiler and large projector headlights, polished bare metal-look paint, compact camera outside rearview mirrors, hidden door handles and large 20-inch, 9-spoke painted aluminum-alloy wheels.

The Coupe Concept interior combines a performance-inspired cockpit with a luxurious passengers’ space featuring a “double wave” instrument panel design, with large, violet-color gauge illumination and a dramatic, full-length center console. Specially textured aluminum accents project the image of traditional Japanese “Washi” paper, providing an added sense of warmth and crispness.

“The Infiniti Coupe Concept embraces the continuous advancement of Infiniti design with a unique combination of passion, imagination and creativity,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti.

Igo also provided an update on Infiniti business issues, including the fourth straight year of sales records. In 2005, Infiniti sold an all-time high of 136,401 units, an increase of 4.5 percent over calendar year 2004 sales.

“Infiniti sales have been strong across the entire model range,” said Igo. “We’re especially pleased with the acceptance in the marketplace of the all-new 2006 Infiniti M.”

For more information on the complete line of Infiniti luxury vehicles and the Total Ownership Experience (TOE) philosophy, visit Infiniti online at www.infiniti.com.

#22 ·
I personaly love this car, it is has a well designed exterior, a very nice interior and i love the head lights which i hope they are offered when the car actually is released.

however i was thinking for my next car, i will most likely be out of the Coupe league. i will probably be looking for a more luxury type of cars.

#23 ·
Designed by Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi, Japan, the Coupe Concept is the latest expression of Infiniti's evolving design direction. We also can't help but feel as if this is a sign of things to come with the G35 Sedan scheduled to debut at the New York Auto Show in April.

"The Infiniti Coupe Concept draws a new line, continuing the Infiniti tradition of merging design and performance," said Igo. "It is a vehicle of extraordinary grace and strength, with an aggressive, seductive presence."

As is the trend with most current concepts, the Infiniti features a full-length glass panel roof, plenty of brightwork, and awe-inspiring LED headlight and taillight treatments. Insuring a sleek and clean appearance, Infiniti designers used a "bare metal-look" paint, hidden "touch-to-open" door handles and compact video cameras (with flip-up screens located on each side of the instrument cluster) instead of rearview mirrors.

Clearly, the design is an evolution of the current Infiniti G35 Coupe yet reflective of more recent Infiniti design trends like the "double-arch" front grille, brushed/polished aluminum here and there, and large 20-inch painted aluminum alloy wheels (wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza 225/35R20 front, 275/35R20 rear tires).

As is the case with recent Infiniti concepts, the interior of this Coupe Concept is a work of modern art. The "double wave" design is evocative of the Infiniti FX while the mixture of leather, cool violet-color illumination, and aluminum accents gives the Coupe Concept interior a soft yet appealing look. Those aluminum accents, Infiniti says, are in the style of traditional Japanese "Washi" paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.